Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan only to spend 250.00 this month. I went over for march.

Since I went grocery shopping yesterday, and now I wont have to go next week at all except for milk, I am counting yesterdays trip for april. I spent
74.96. Mostly just replacing what I used from my pantryin March. We ate mostly from the pantry and prepared food in March. This April I plan to eat at home for most of the month

I did get some good things on sale.
Pasta 3/1.00
Land o lakes american cheese 2.99 lb
Red bell pepper 1.49 per pound
Top Round roast 1.49lb got 2 roasts
Boneless skinless chicken breast 1.99 lb got 2 packages
Used some coupons I didnt do that bad.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I got so lost in March I did not even keep track of what was spent. I just went to wal mart yeasterday and picked up a few things. I am hopping not to go over 300.00 for April.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
My goal is $300 for April. Being as we just got a side of beef, we should be ok with that. I am getting paid here over the next 3 days, some how none of my daycare families paid on Friday...oops. One is bringing her check today. The others on Monday. I'm kinda concerned about one, they had a rate increase in March and weren't happy about it, but they didn't say anything more. So I'm thinking it oversight, and not a 2 weeks notice being served, as they prepay that up front. She is expecting though, and it wouldn't make sense to transfer her son to a new home for 5 months over $50 difference. (paranoia on my part I think).

But anyway, I'm hoping to cut back to $300 which would ass $200 as a debt booster payment!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have set mine at $400 again this month. I went shopping yesterday but it was for the month of April so I put it on Aprils. One of my main goals this month is to see how I can cut back the cost.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am in for $200.00 this month again, going to shop weekly this month.May consider raising my limit if this doesn't fare well.Made a huge mistake and took DH shopping when I went, thinking it would save time and gas not having to get out again.Already spent $80.00 for April.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I am budgeting $300 for April. We will be away for awhile, but the freezer/pantry is pretty empty so I anticipate a major shop when we get home.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I'm setting ours at $400 again, even though we went over in March by about $25.

--Michelle

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm in for $350 this month. We have a week of break where we will all be home. We tend to eat more then for some reason.

Happy Shopping all!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm setting mine at $400 this month.

·
Registered
966 Posts
In March I spent almost $500, but I have several things prepared & packaged in the freezer. For April my goal is $300.

·
8,714 Posts
~Challenging myself to $200 again for just food. I've got a gift check for free Butterball turkeys so I'll have free meat for at least 10 dinners. I can do it!~

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I am in for $200 again. I made it in March, and I feel inspired to do it again. It is very challenging, since we all like to eat.:D

I use many coupons, and have two store chains here that double (one doubles $1.00 coupons everyday), and I get many things free or for very little by combining coupons and sales. Fresh produce and dairy make up the largest portion of my grocery bill. I use coupons for most everything else. Things I seldom find cheaper on sale or with a doubled coupon, I buy at Aldi. We are feeding two adults and one fast growing ten year old. I also include all paper, cleaning, and health and beauty items in my total.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
400$ for April. Includes all food stuff for ourself and baby, as well as paper goods and cleaning products/

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm in for 500 this month.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm in again for no more $500 this month.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I lost track about halfway through March but I don't think I was over.

Setting my goal for $250.00 this month.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went grocery shopping yesterday totally unprepared. I needed everything and before I know it I walked out with $375 worth of groceries. So I'm including that in my April budget. I've added another $125 to pick up perishables etc. I can also say that these groceries will carry over into May so my budget for May will be less.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Im going to be in for just $115 this month. Got try to save a little more than usual this month. Should be able to do it, got quite a good pantry going, and freezer is pretty stocked.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts