Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I can't do the Pantry Challenge (it's kind of a security thing too I think) I need to stick with the grocery challenge thing. I can't believe I actually did it last month! I came in several cents under my goal! I'm staying with $150 again, if I make it maybe I'll lower it next month. July is a long month though, 5 weeks again, like May.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Well since Dh will not be here, I am going for $250! I figure the kids and I can do $50 a week! :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I was wondering where this thread went :) I plan on doing pantry poverty challenge as well, but want to still hold myself accountable for the groceries I do buy.

I want to stick to 110$ for this month

I have to be very strict with the way I shop this time. I will buy more cokes when they are on sale than normal for the just in case that they never go on sale again during the month. I won't be buying any beauty products unless I can get it free after rebate or nearly free with coupons.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Ladies,
I came in way under my budget last month (woohoo!) and told my hubby that I was going to try and bring my budget back down to $200 for the month.
So far I've spent about $60 this month but that included all the paper products, plastic wrap and garbage bags, sunscreen, detergents, etc. as well as food.

Today I did really well. One of our stores had their 7up products on sale for $1.99 for 12 packs. I had coupons for B1G1F on the 12 packs. I bought 6 12 packs and the kids bought 2 12 packs. There was a limit of 4 packs per cutomer, so we divided up our orders. We know have lots of soda!!! I'll just have to make sure I ration it or the kids and DH will have it gone in no time.;) They also had some of their popsicles on sale for .99 . I had coupons for $1.00 off that brand. Unfortunately they were out, so I got a raincheck. My cats were happy with their free can of cat food too. The clerk at the store also uses coupons and we talked about the best places to find them! COOL!:cool:

Budget:$200
spent: $60
Left to spend: $140

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Happy Birthday Debbie!

I'm doing this too along with the pantry/poverty challenge.Last month i stuck to my budget of $100 and got so much so this month gonnna try $75.Wish me luck!I really hope I can do this.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Spent $8 today at Ingles.I got 3 gallons milk,sour cream,4-4pks of razors(FREE) and 2 packs of lunch meat.

Goal:$75
Left:$67

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Amanda,
You did great with your deals! Free razors are always a good thing!:toothy:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmmm, maybe I should have stuck with the pantry poverty challenge. The month is almost 1/2 over and haven't been shopping yet. I don't even notice a dent in my stockpile. Dh spent about $9 on hotdogs, hamburger and hotdog buns for our July 4 camping trip. We have enough left to get us through Labor Day weekend. I've probably got enough diapers to last 10 more days. WIC sure is helping out a lot! The only great deals I've seen is free Oreo's at HyVee, on sale for .99 minus the $1 coupon from a few weeks ago. I sure am glad I stocked up on everything before ds was born! There's only a few things on my list. Trash bags, I'll get them at Sam's when I go for diapers, oh, and I'll have to pick up some cheese there too, cat, dog and fish food, I have frees for the cat food though, Karo and pancake syrup, liquid hand soap and bubble bath for dd. Cool, huh! Especially considering I'm too poor to pay attention right now. I hope I can start this job soon!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hey Karen,
It's not too late to join this challenge!:) I think you are doing great!!!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went out and did a little shopping yesterday, mostly just "got out". The things that go on my grocery budget are

(4) bags or Oreos (got paid .04)
(2) pkgs diapers (5.97 ea after c/c)
(1) Nursing pads (3.99 aftr c/o)
(2) Hair Color (.98 ea after c/o)

Spent $17.85
Coupons $22.00

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
You got paid for Oreos???? Wow!!!! You are my hero!!!!;) Great job Karen! I'd love to get paid for cookies;)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hy Vee had the Oreos for .99 Friday and Saturday. It was suppose to be 1 per customer, but they don't enforce it here since they know you'll just go through again anyway. That was my main motivation for getting out, besides the fact that I love the look on peoples faces when I get stuff for free. :D

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
very cool! I wanna get paid for oreos too!~ LOL. So far this month I have spent..
week 1 $58 (including 5dollar tip for baggers)
week 2 $89 (including tip)
week 3 $20 so far

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent dh to WM since he works in town. He did OK:

(1) 40# bag of dog food
(4) 3 # bags of cat food
(1) pkg paper plates
(2) loaves of bread
(1) bottle of liquid soap refill

Spent $21.69 after $11.84 coupons

Total so far $48.54

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I spent an additional $10 this week bringing my total up to $70 so far. I had to get cat food, sauerkraut, cheese, cocoa powder and a few other items.

My goal is $200
Spent: $70
Left: $130

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up a few things yesterday

Fish food
Batteries (will need for my breast pump Monday)
2 cans of fruit cocktail for dd
Dark Corn Syrup for ds
Bubble bath for dd

I had a $1 coupon for the batteries, anyway. Spent $17.18 bringing my total to $65.69.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi again Ladies!
Well, we did some shopping on Friday and today combining sales and coupons. No doubles here, so we have to really search out those bargains. Here is what I got:
2 dozen eggs
family pack of hamburger
8 bottles of shampoo and conditioner
25 pound watermelon
Cereal
3 2 liter bottles of 7 up
family pack of smoked sausages
2 huge bottles of Litehouse dressing
1 cucumber
3 gallons of Langers juices
10 pounds of potatoes
1 package of tortillas