1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
A lot of areas have food delivery services from supermarkets- insta-cart, for example. I did read an article stating that some items may not be allowed to be delivered (toilet paper, sanitizing wipes) and people must go to the store to get them, unfortunately. Ordering online from Amazon is an option, as well as ordering from big stores like Target, Walmart, etc...

The article was ok, although I don't think that frozen berries are a necessity, as much as canned goods would be.

Of course, a lot of us on the forum make our own bread and meals, so ordering pizza would probably not cross our minds!

I think that anything dried (pasta, fruits, milk powder) and canned options are good, along with water. We used to call potatoes and onions "hardware" because they last a while. Oatmeal/cereals and boxed items are more shelf stable items that last as well.

·
Super Moderator
19,670 Posts
I've seen mentions of stocking water in various articles with regard to this crisis, and numerous mentions of water being sold out. I don't understand it. Does everyone typically not drink tap water?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
A group called EWG, environmental working group , tests water in each town. My town had 400% more arsenic than they recommend, 200% more carcinogens....The list goes on. We have cancer centers in every corner and the taste and smell of our tap is horrible. We refuse to drink it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts