Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recipe ideas please.....

I have ground turkey and green peppers that I want to use....The peppers are not big enough to stuff....so maybe a casserole or something?

I do have rice, tomato sauce, mashed potato, bisquick....quite a bit that I could add. Thanks for any ideas.

Dawn

·
Registered
29 Posts
If it's not too hot to use the oven how about a nice shepherd's pie? You could use the tomato sauce and maybe add a diced onion if you have it. Top with the mashed potatoes-- maybe dot with a bit of butter. The recipe is very flexable and usually yummy. Hannah

·
Registered
99 Posts
you could also do spanish rice with ground turkey, tomato sauce, the pepper, onion, garlic powder, a little taco seasoning if you have it (recipes for homemade are here on the village)

Turkey burgers with green peppers and onions (if on hand)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Halve the peppers and stuff with well seasoned ground turkey and bake/steam in a tomato sauce. I guess this is similar to stuffed peppers but its all meat inside. Serve with steamed rice.

OR something similar - make a fried rice with ground turkey and stuffed halved peppers and steam in oven in the tomato sauce?

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
You can use ground turkey and beef base or probably bullion (and maybe beefy onion soup mix) just like you would ground beef. So... meat balls for spaghetti, grinders, or with gravy over noodles... for tacos, sloppy joes, pasta helper type meals, etc.

You can throw any cold mixed vegetables in with the peppers and a vinaigrette and call it a salad.

I dry my extra peppers or freeze them to use later in chili and soup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts