Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm home on a snow day, and am watching Bush's speech/question/answer session with the press and he is giving a non-answer/answer to every question. IMO, he's an arrogant ass who can't admit when he's made a mistake. He's gonna get us all killed, and if not, he will definitely have alienated the entire world by the time he's done. I don't know who I'll vote for in the next election, but I am so done with this guy.

BTW...posted here because it's the Debates and Personal Views forum. This is just my opinion.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I can't say I agree with you, but I think that it's a beautful thing we live in a country where we can speak out against our leader if we choose and not get killed/tortured/raped etc.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't agree with you more, Mrs. McDowell. :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't agree either, but I think part of his attitude stems from the fact that our "press"(term used very lightly:crackup: ) certainly doesn't respect the office of the President. The obvious dislike by both sides is obvious-I think both sides could use a lesson in manners. (And could David Gregory please wear his "Clinton for President" button as he is pretending to be an impartial reporter?) JMHO....

Excellent point Mrs. McDowell!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
JOHN GLENN SAID

Things that make you think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.
In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the
month of January. That's just one American city,
about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, state the following:

a. FDR led us into World War II.

b. Germany never attacked us ; Japan did.
>From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 112,500 per year.

c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea .
North Korea never attacked us ..
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 18,334 per year.

d John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us

e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ..
an average of 5,800 per year.

f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
Bosnia never attacked us .
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three
times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on
multiple occasions.

g. In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush
has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled
al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran , and, North Korea
without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who
& nbsp; slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking.

But Wait
It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno
to take the Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51-day operation..

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons
in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find
the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the
Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard
than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his
Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took
to count the votes in Florida !!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB !
The Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant
to realize the facts

·
8,714 Posts
~I disagree with your opinion of our President but am also appreciative that we live somewhere where we can disagree with our leaders. The U.S.'s current opinion of Bush(according to "polls")reminds me greatly of the country's opinion of Abraham Lincoln when he held office. Many, MANY people plotted to kill him and one succeeded but now who does everyone laude as the greatest President? Hmmm. Makes you think.~

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pemberleyan - Thank you! That was very informative and so true. I'm very scared for the next election with Hilary and Obama running for presidency. I'm not sure this country is ready for a woman president and I didn't care for Obama's comment about the military lives that were lost were wasted. People need to understand that the majority of the men and women in our military are in the military because they want to protect our country and the freedom that we have. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Can't say I agree with you, Amy (actually I disagree whole-heartedly) but I am glad we live in such a wonderful country! :) And I'm glad we are part of this "village" where we respect each other and can share our thoughts openly. :grouphug2:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I agree with Amy, I am not sure I will vote for the democratic party this time around though. I have always voted democratic, but I am not a fan of the current party choices. I agree though, I will be happy to see our current "man" leave office!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Amy, I agree 100%. I have feared Bush as our president from day one. Social justice has been trampled, an attempt at a theocracy is in place, and war is never the answer. I will stand for no defense of him. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Sadly, it seems the number one skill required for being a politician (on both sides) is the ability to offer many, many Non-answers.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I too did a little research, and in the year 2005, there were over 16,000 people killed in our country (murdered). The press puts a spin on what is happening in Iraq to only show the bad. There are lots of bad things happening, but there are also lots of good things as well. But, alas, you will not hear about the good because it does not make a good news story or hold any shock value. Do I think there have been mistakes made with this war, absolutely, do I think it is a total waste? Not on your life. My husband was there. He was there when they were in Fallujah in April of 2005. If the politicians would have left them do their jobs, it would not have turned out the way it did. The politicians are tieing the hands of those that could make a difference. You can never please everyone so there is always going to be someone that does not agree with the way things are going. And, of course, we can thank all those soldiers throughout the years that gave us that right to disagree and be able to voice it.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
"war is never the answer"

I cannot/willnot ever agree with that statement.

My reasoning is this: Ask a Holocaust survivor if war is ever the answer. If war had not been waged against Hitler, were would Jews, and all the other people he did horrible things to be?

War is evil, I'll agree with that, but it can be a necessary evil.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Amy, I agree 100%. I have feared Bush as our president from day one. Social justice has been trampled, an attempt at a theocracy is in place, and war is never the answer. I will stand for no defense of him. Sorry.
Pretty much my thoughts.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
If you check Nationmaster.com. you can see that the US is not in the top spot or even the top 10 for murders per capita. Even if you check for murders in general, we are at the 6th or 7th spot. Yes we have a high crime rate, but other countries out there also have their share.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I too did a little research, and in the year 2005, there were over 16,000 people killed in our country (murdered). The press puts a spin on what is happening in Iraq to only show the bad. There are lots of bad things happening, but there are also lots of good things as well. But, alas, you will not hear about the good because it does not make a good news story or hold any shock value. Do I think there have been mistakes made with this war, absolutely, do I think it is a total waste? Not on your life. My husband was there. He was there when they were in Fallujah in April of 2005. If the politicians would have left them do their jobs, it would not have turned out the way it did. The politicians are tieing the hands of those that could make a difference. You can never please everyone so there is always going to be someone that does not agree with the way things are going. And, of course, we can thank all those soldiers throughout the years that gave us that right to disagree and be able to voice it.
A huge thank-you to your husband and all those who are truly serving our country.
And with the politicians we now have in power, I fear it will only get worse before it gets better. (Threatening to cut off funding to the troops, for instance?!?!) It is easy for them to criticize the war-but they offer no credible solutions. IMHO of course.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts