Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was at work some putz stole the cd radio out of my car. i know i should really be mad, but i can't help but wonder what their faces look like when they finally get around to looking at the cd's tehy stole as well. they popped the lock on the passenger side. i don't have automatic locks and the way the doors are made on a 99 neon, you can easily slide a coat hanger into at the top of the window and pop the lock. so at least they didn't smash a window. but they pulled the console face plate off, that's in one peice and will go back in, and yanked out the radio. all teh wires are there so it should be easy to replace. back to teh cd's though, i had copies of cd's mostly. dh has the originals in teh house. i think i'm out 2 dixie chicks cd's and maybe my pope reciting hte rosary cd. i hadn't had copies of those made yet. but besides those 3 there were some copies of country cd's, a copy of evanessence, mercy me,(about 3 or 4 of them)soundtrack to we were soldiers, maybe a veggie tales cd ( i have to ask the kids if they have it) not exactly music anyone would want to listen to other than a nearing 30 mother. LOL
my blue collar comedy tour cd was in teh trunk. my pope cd might be in there but i didn't look that hard. i just popped the trunk to look to see if it had been emptied. i just wish i could see their faces when they look to see what cd's they got. :toothy:
i should probably be more upset about this, but they didn't smash a window, and dd's booster seat was still there, oh and they left my bottle of water and loaf of bread. i would have been really pissed if i had to go to the store to get more bread at midnight!
the closing manager opens tomorrow so when i go in at 9 she's gonna go over to target with me (they share a parking lot with bb&b) and see if their cameras were on and got anything. i reported it to the police, but we probably won't file a claim with the insurance because the decutable is more than the radio was worth. but it was reported and if anything useful is on the tapes(if the are any) i have a report number they can be linked to, and hopefully the cops can catch them. from what we have heard, they have been breaking into cars in the strip center i work at, the mall next door and the uppity development on the other side of hte highway.
it's creepy that some stranger was in my car, but that is probalby the worst thing. didn't lose anything of any real value to me. the radio isn't a stock radio, but we bought my car used and whoever owned it first put it in, so i'm not upset about that. there are stranger cooties in my car!! icky!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
ooh - cooties and violation I know that feeling but how classic about the CD "collection" they got - That's hilarious!! Well maybe you'll be able to go out to the flea market this weekend and get YOUR c d player back at a smokin deal!! and maybe even some custom vegie tales CD!! :D

One time I came out in the morning (In Phx) to go to work and the truck was gone - It was actually just a mile away and still running but when we found it I didn't even want to drive it cuz it felt so weird - like a real violation so I do understand and I don't mean to discredit any of your pain Janie lou!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll probably be more upset in the morning, but i'm still cracking up about what they got for cd'si wouldn't have even noticed until later that they took it, but hte bo bo tossed the plastic facing fromt eh consol under the pedals and i kicked it.

i'll have to clean teh car out tomorrow and vaccuum and stuff to get rid of the cooties.

ewwwww i can't imagine the cooties left behind if someone stole my car. thankfully it was just hte radio.

·
Registered
43 Posts
pita1213 said:
oh and they left my bottle of water and loaf of bread. i would have been really pissed if i had to go to the store to get more bread at midnight!
:laugh: That one had me rolling. I'm sorry about your stero and your car. The same thing happen to me several years ago and beleive me I know how much it bites.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm sorry they got your radio and cd's. I nearly pee'd my pants when I read about your loaf of bread and bottled water. I've never been a victim of this so I can't say I understand but I am thinking of you......;)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh that's not on Pita! But I'm glad you've kept your sense of humour in all of this!:) You certainly made me smile about the CD's. Hope they enjoy them!:toothy:

Julia

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sorry about the theft. I hope whoever stole the cd's listens to the Pope.:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so srry that your car was robbed. I hope the jerks that did it are caught!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts