Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning Dh says he needs to go to the store so if I want anything make a list. So I go online to a place where I get my groceries store specials, you know where they make you a list of what you want. When you print it out it lists the item in BOLD and then how many you want. It's one of those you can't screw it up unless you are a man lists.
It tells, brand, size, price etc. So after constantly being all over me because I hadn't gotten the list ready yet (not enough coffee and meds hadn't kicked in yet) he goes to the store with the list. Well when he comes back half the items he didn't get and out of the other half he only got half of that right. Come on grocery shopping with a detailed list ain't rocket science. Grrr I am still steaming because this means I have to go back to the store again tomorrow! I have fibro for those of you who have it you know what a treat someone doing a chore for you can be. But no..... now I have to go out and do it again myself:furious: Thanks a effing lot you:loser:
BTW there were only 10 items on the list!
It must be true, if you want a job done right send a woman.
Back to your regular scheduled programing

·
Registered
763 Posts
Mine is not allowed, unless it's one of those, " OMG I'm making taco's and need you to grab some tortilla's" Things!! I'll send him to the dang store for some soup and he'll come home $200. later with a buncha crap!!

Reactions: mom23boyz

·
Registered
193 Posts
My DH's issue with grocery shopping is that not only does he get everything on my list, he comes home with snacks and crap galore! He loves to browse at the grocery and buy new products. Mind you, he pays no attention to how much they cost. I rarely take DH with me grocery shopping because it easily adds $100 to our bill.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I know how you feel! One year for x-mas my husband, now ex, asked what I wanted. I said I wanted a bookcase. What kind? Just a basic oak bookcase. Still nothing, so I found a local ad and gave it to him. He went to the store and they had 5 of them so he couldn't decide. I had to go down to the store and pick out which one and they were all identical!!!
:bang::bang::bang:

·
Registered
113 Posts
My DH's issue with grocery shopping is that not only does he get everything on my list, he comes home with snacks and crap galore! He loves to browse at the grocery and buy new products. Mind you, he pays no attention to how much they cost. I rarely take DH with me grocery shopping because it easily adds $100 to our bill.

That sounds like my wife.

I go get what I need or is on my list. Nothing else. In and out like a tactical strike force.

But hey, I'm different...

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
You gals think this is bad? Wait till you ask them to do the laundry sometime!

Men (most of us anyway) are GENIUSES when it comes to being so bad at tasks we don't want to do, that you never, EVER ask us to do them again.

Except apparently for 57Plymouth up there ^^^ who's about to ruin it for us...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am honestly the one that can't stick to the list at the grocery store. I blame it on those unadvertised specials. Sorry you have to go back to the store tomorrow.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I would love for DW to give me a detailed list of what she wants. It would save a lot of confused looks and phone calls.

Reactions: 57plymouth

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
DH is pretty good at getting exactly what we need. He knows I pinch the grocery pennies. I tell him exactly what I need, and I give him exactly enough to get it. I also tell him I want the change back. :)

(BTW, he does get money to do with what he wants, I don't control all the money, just the grocery money)

The "I can't do it right so you do it" idea doesn't work in my house. DH always puts the dishes in the wrong place, but I keep asking him to do it anyway. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
BTDT. I gave fiance a list, he's the big Iist person in our house. I only had 6 items for him to buy. Did he buy only those 6 items? NO! He came home with 3 other items I was going to buy on sale when I went shopping the next day! Now he wonders why I do all the shopping and he can't go with me. Because a list means nothing to you even though you are the one who insists on having one! DUH. I save at least $30 - $40 when he doesn't go with me.

Cat

·
Registered
176 Posts
You gals think this is bad? Wait till you ask them to do the laundry sometime!

Men (most of us anyway) are GENIUSES when it comes to being so bad at tasks we don't want to do, that you never, EVER ask us to do them again.

Except apparently for 57Plymouth up there ^^^ who's about to ruin it for us...

:hand: Puuuhlease, do you really think we don't know you do this? Of course we know you do this! What you fellas don't seem to get is that one day, we'll make you pay for it.

mwah hahahahahah:fuming:

·
Registered
980 Posts
:hand: Puuuhlease, do you really think we don't know you do this? Of course we know you do this! What you fellas don't seem to get is that one day, we'll make you pay for it.

In my college days, girls would constantly tell me how stupid I was when it came to laundry. I just stood back and thought, if I am so stupid, why are you the one doing it for me.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts

Nah cause whatever you make us do to "pay for it", we'll just suck at that, too. ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
LOL Ok, you fellas win.

Besides, I think most women will admit to our feminine frailties when it comes to certain distasteful chores. I mean, that mean old trash bag is just soooo heavy.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
If I died, my dh would hire someone to go to the grocery store. He would never shop and that's alright with me. He would suck at it.

Reactions: annymoll

·
Registered
307 Posts
Aw, sorry ladies, but I must've gotten the one good one, lol. My DH is great about getting groceries on his own. He can zip through the store faster than a fire, gets only what's on the list, and knows what brands we get. And when we go together we're a shopping dynamo. We both have the lay out memorized, I write the list in order what where it is in the store, have the sales mapped out. We always hit the self check out, he scans, I bag (yay for OCD, I'm a great bagger. It was my job when I used to shop w my mommy.) We get in, get out, bam bam bam.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Here's a little grocery shopping story for your amusement:

My mil went to the grocery store and picked up a few extra things that weren't on the list. My fil complained.

60 years later my fil is STILL going to the grocery store and I swear it's true, my mil was so mad at him she has NEVER stepped foot in the grocery store again.

Personally, I like to send my dh with a list. If he "forgets" and doesn't get what I needed....guess who goes back to the store again... (not me). Oh yeah I forgot, he usually has to go back more than once (only to annoy him--it does--he hasn't caught on yet)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I think I solved the problem. When I returned to the store I spoke to the store manager, explained that I am disabled and asked if I called in my order could they have some one fill it and have it ready for DH to pick up. They are happy to accommodate me! Yippee! Mostly I will be calling in loss leaders but I don't think whoever they assign will notice LOL:applause:

·
27,948 Posts
:furious: Thanks a effing lot you:loser:
Feel the love. Not.
A little harsh don't ya think? Had to say it, it's been bothering me since you posted it. I feel better.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts