Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the grocery today(mind you I go to multiple stores) the kids were'nt acting up but I usually watch the checker like a hawk. Well my attention was divided and i ended up being way overpriced on strawberries! I came home and cleaned and put them into storage baggies popped into the frezzer. Then I looked at recipt!!!!!!
Here's what I paid "cringe"
They were a 1.00 for 16oz containers
I paid 2.50 each!!!!!!!!!! I bought 3:loser:
Soooo 7.50 for stupid strawberries!!!!!!
What do I do? I already cleaned them! Should I take my recipt back and explain? :sigh:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I would call the store manager..asap..don't throw out the packages if they have an id or price on them..If the package doesn't have any info on them then explain to the manager that you didn't notice the error until after you packaged them..Chances are everybody who bought those strawberries were overcharged...I would expect for the manager to understand and they should refund your money and comphensate sp? for there mistakes... Been there done that... HTH lte us know how you make out...

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
if they were still in the plastic they came in, but i dont know ifthey will reimburse u, u can try though. no hurt trying!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lots of times people are pretty good about fixing their errors. even if they're not in their original package, you're not wanting to return them, just not pay too much for them. Their till tape will also say that you were overcharged. On your tape will be a transaction number, and they can find their copy to prove that it happened.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Definitely call the manager asap. I do that when I find a mistake and I always tell them I have to drive a distance to get to their store. they are usually happy to accomodate and very apologetic.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
chances are they know there was a problem witht eh strawberries ringing up incorrectly. call the store in the morning and ask to talk to a manager.they should refund you teh difference.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I agree, call the store manager. I am sure he will make it right.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I agree I would call.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does the receipt have a date on it? If so and the strawberries were on sale on that date and the receipt doesn't reflect that, wouldn't that be enough?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Id call store or go back if its en route to your daily errands etc and show mgr the receipt vs the flyer with sale and bring empty pkging. The least you can do is try! Good Luck!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Beth, did you call the manager and if you did what did he/she say? I hope that you were able to get it straightened out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts