Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., I get everybody out of bed early this morning, help! clean! everybody! NOW!

We have a showing of the house ~ so we all run around and clean, and clean and pick up, make the beds, clean some more, pick up some more, eat breakfast real fast (except me, still haven't eaten!) sweep, vacuum, dishes loaded, clean bathrooms as fast as we can!!! Whew! Looks good!

The people come in, walk through, gone in 60 seconds without a word!!!
I wish I could read their thoughts! The agent smiles and thanks me and that's it. This is now my life. :thud:

My house is really cute too!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Oh, I am sorry they didn't stay and look at your house longer. At least your house is clean/picked up and you got some help this morning. I hope it sells quickly for you:).

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
maybe it was simply so great that they didn't need to look anymore. sending you great sell vibes!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sending good vibes your way, I hope the house sells quickly for you :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I went through the same thing about five years ago when we sold our home before moving here. In fact, I went through it for 1-1/2 years and thought I would go nuts. As now, we lived in the country and while the men loved it, the women hated being so far out away from everything. Just hang in there, the right person/couple will come along. We finally sold our home to a retired, single guy who just wanted to raise chickens and grow a garden and grapes. We had everything he wanted and all he had to do was buy his own chickens, cause mine were not part of the deal. They moved here with me! He got a darn nice chicken pen and coop though.

Hang in there you're buyer will come!

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Been there, done that...I know how frustrating that can be. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
419 Posts
My Mil just sold her house after quite awhile like close to 6 months. She always complained about how long she would straighten and clean to have people come to the open house and stay a few minutes. At least you have a nice clean house. Thats the way I would look at, even though I would be completely frustrated.
Sending you good thoughts and hoping you will sell soon

·
Registered
663 Posts
Been there

When my son was a baby and I was working and going to school - we had to sell our house to follow my then husband to another state for work. . . .I had to have the house clean EVERY DAY as this was even before cell phones and if the realtor wanted to show our home, I might be in class, at work, etc. EVERY DAY - I used to load up my son in the car in his car seat, run back through the house and wipe EVERYTHING down . . . .EVERY DAY!!! And grab the garbage on the way out . .I had nightmares for quite awhile from that daily routine :lol3: . . .We didn't sell our home until after we moved . . .Sheesh! I'm sending "S-E-L-L" vibes your way.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Our realtor insisted on showing us homes we knew we weren't really interested in, and I always felt bad for the owner for just the reason you're stating. Too, we've been on the other side plenty of times. It bites, I know.

We sold one of our houses on a day I tried and failed to cancel the showing. The city had sewer lines explode (care to guess where?) -- yup, right in our front yard. Not our lines, but we had city workers and Do Not Cross lines and etc out there. Too, I woke up with a vicious migraine that I could not treat because I was pregnant. There were other parts to the drama, but suffice it to say DH checked me into a hotel, took the kids to a movie, and our realtor wrote an offer. Unbelievable! These things happen at the strangest times.

Saying a prayer for you,
Mart

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for all your responses! :) It felt good to get out my frustration the other day! This scenario keeps playing out over and over and it is hard to live this way but I know it will not be forever (just seems that way right now, lol!) I know the house will eventually sell and God is teaching me patience and I'm sure some other lessons along the way. Moving out of state is so exciting and we just want this new adventure to begin!! The kids are getting out of school soon (mid-June) and we're ready to go . . . except for selling the house!

Mart ~ Wow, what an ordeal you had! Glad that is behind you! Your story reminds me "not to let any stone go unturned!" I don't want to turn anyone down in seeing the house, even when it is inconvenient (ie: the house is a mess and I'm too tired to whip it into shape in 30 minutes, lol!) because you never know who the buyer may be. As our realtor keeps telling us "it only takes one!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts