Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea why. My computer did freeze up, but Firefox wasn't even open when it happened.

I was able to get some of them back (A-F of just ONE subfolder) and also imported some from IE, but I had literally hundreds of pages bookmarked.

Well, this should make AmyBoz happy- I've just decluttered my bookmarks!!! ;)

·
27,948 Posts
No fun. Need help getting any back, something in particular someone here could help with?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I was just blowing off steam about the darn computer. I'm sure I'll find the ones I still need.

Thanks for the offer, though! :D

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
What Operating System are you using? I think there's a way to restore them if you are using Windows XP...

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Oh no!! I would hate to have that happen.

I hope you figure out a way to restore them.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I restored what I could, using the Firefox instructions, but the backup file only had one very small portion saved.

I am using XP, so if you can think of some other way to restore them, I am all ears!
:listen:
;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
yikes!! that would be scary for me. im nuts about saving sites-i actually have a basket with a lot of them written down on index cards. but other than be like me--after you get what you can salvage.. you may want to periodically save them on the internet. i know of one site: backflip.com that will import/export (whatever) your bookmarks easily (not sure how good it is with firefox tho) and it's free. i was thinking maybe one day a week you could do that and wouldnt have to worry about losing everything again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts