Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im flusterd today about my sales and coupons. I recently started useing The grocery game, those of you familiar know that the new list is out on sunday. I also use coupon clippers. This is how I maximize my savings. Well if I dont get the list until sunday that means I cant order coupons until sunday. MY winndixie add ends on tuesday. and my publix add ends on wednesday. The earyiest my coupons can arrive by mail is tuesday. SO If I get them by tuesday I can rush to winndixie that night and get my lose leaders. Well they didnt come yesterday so I missed out on winndixie. I thought for sure they would come today and guess what they didnt, so now Im also going to miss out on publix. Im angry becuase now I am out the 4$ I spent on those coupons plus what I paid for the grocery game and Im gonna get nothing this week. Forthose of you that use The grocery game how do you get multipels of the coupons you need?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I tried the four week trial of the Grocery Game. By the time my "list" came out on Sunday, I had already had a copy of my store's ads since Wednesday. This is plenty of time to look the ad over myself, and see if there are any good buys or "loss leaders" on things we use. If I want or need additional coupons, I can order them on Wednesday after checking the ads. I have been shopping like this long enough that I know a "rock bottom" price when I see it, and nobody has to tell me to stock up, if it is something my family uses regularly.

The Grocery Game might be helpful to someone that is new to couponing, but I didn't experience any additional savings. I was already saving 50-90% on every grocery trip. Two grocery chains here double coupons (one doubles up to $1.00 coupons everyday), so the time I spend cutting, filing, and ordering additional coupons is quite worth the effort.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Im flusterd today about my sales and coupons. I recently started useing The grocery game, those of you familiar know that the new list is out on sunday. I also use coupon clippers. This is how I maximize my savings. Well if I dont get the list until sunday that means I cant order coupons until sunday. MY winndixie add ends on tuesday. and my publix add ends on wednesday. The earyiest my coupons can arrive by mail is tuesday. SO If I get them by tuesday I can rush to winndixie that night and get my lose leaders. Well they didnt come yesterday so I missed out on winndixie. I thought for sure they would come today and guess what they didnt, so now Im also going to miss out on publix. Im angry becuase now I am out the 4$ I spent on those coupons plus what I paid for the grocery game and Im gonna get nothing this week. Forthose of you that use The grocery game how do you get multipels of the coupons you need?
Boy O Boy do I know how you feel about not getting your coupons in time from the coupon clippers..Your lucky that you only lost a little money compared to what I lost..put it this way I had ordered over 150 coupons for this sale in ordered the coupons several days prior to the end of the sale..I was really pi--ed off when I didn't get them in time...Never again will I order from them when I need them for a sale...Sorry to hear you missed out..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts