Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not seem like a big deal to some but it is to me...

I applied a couple months ago to the community college in my city.

I got an email today from them saying I have been admitted..I got my student ID #.

I just have to go take a placement test now.

Not sure what I want to study yet....I'm thinking healthcare related.

I am 31 and haven't been to school since I was 18....I hope I can handle it lol!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is great news!! You can do it!!!

Just start taking your basics until you decide the field of study you want. At least you will have them out of the way.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Congratulations!!
I'm doing the same thing right now at age 32 :) You can do it!!

·
27,948 Posts
Woohoo, good for you! Cheering you on! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is a big deal Robyn!! I am excited for you. You will do fine.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Congratulations! I went back to school when I was 30, and again when I was 40. I was going to go when I was 50, but decided not to.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Good for you!!!! Don't worry about declaring a major yet, just take the core classes and enjoy all the new experiences and people.

·
Registered
351 Posts
:cheer4: You Go Girl! I am proud of you. Never stop learning and bettering yourself :cheer4:

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can do it. I've gone on and off since I was 19 and I'm now 32 finally stermined to get it finished and move on.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah!!! I don't think anyone is ever too old:) My dh is 33 and still taking classes. I think it all comes back to you too.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I hope you love it as much as my son does! Learning things when you want to is SOOOOO different than when you are just there because you have to be!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I was 33 I finally decided I wanted to go to college. That was back in 2000. I'm still a full-time student working on my geology degree. I'm not in a big hurry to graduate.

It's ok if you don't know what you want to major in right now. Take the general education classes that everyone has to take and you can decide later. :teach:

Make sure to check with the financial aid dept of your college for grants and scholarships. I have been getting all my tuition and most of my living expenses (meager as they are) paid for me. I'll graduate with no debt!

Low income + high GPA = great financial aid

I wish I had gone to college when I was younger. But I can either do now, do it later, or not do it at all.

Well, I gotta go and take a Calculus II quiz!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts