Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~My new fridge! The first fridge I've ever bought actually. This house came with a mid-90's fridge and we replaced that with a smaller fridge from my mom made in 1999. But it has been leaking water for almost a year now, things don't stay as cold as I'd like, it's only 14 cubic feet and I got absolutely fed up with getting down on my knees to get anything out of the fridge.
We replaced it with a 20.3 cubic foot GE with a bottom freezer. It was the biggest we could get to fit our narrow space(30 inches wide)and our budget.
It is sooo beautiful! And it has an ice maker. And glass, not metal shelves. And the produce drawers are at hip level, not toe level. I think I love it!
I used the Energy Star website to choose a model and calculate how much energy I might save. This new model should save us at least $5 a month and cost about $50 a year to run.:sun: ~
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...5yc1vZ1xr5Z6ZaqngZ1z141o3Z1z12l41&R=100645227

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Oh how wonderful! :clap: It is beautiful! Enjoy it! I'm looking forward to the day my little old fridge takes its last breath so I can get a new one! It is 20 years old, bought it new, and it has served us well, but I'm wondering how much longer it will hold out!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
~My new fridge! The first fridge I've ever bought actually. This house came with a mid-90's fridge and we replaced that with a smaller fridge from my mom made in 1999. But it has been leaking water for almost a year now, things don't stay as cold as I'd like, it's only 14 cubic feet and I got absolutely fed up with getting down on my knees to get anything out of the fridge.
We replaced it with a 20.3 cubic foot GE with a bottom freezer. It was the biggest we could get to fit our narrow space(30 inches wide)and our budget.
It is sooo beautiful! And it has an ice maker. And glass, not metal shelves. And the produce drawers are at hip level, not toe level. I think I love it!
I used the Energy Star website to choose a model and calculate how much energy I might save. This new model should save us at least $5 a month and cost about $50 a year to run.:sun: ~
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...5yc1vZ1xr5Z6ZaqngZ1z141o3Z1z12l41&R=100645227
New fridge and save money!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my bottom freezer. I cannot remember having a top, that's how long its been

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
YEA! That's great! I totally understand how you feel. I wouldn't want to have to get on the floor to get my food out either.:tay:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Congratulations! That's exciting. I think we'd like a freezer on the bottom model, but are hoping our 1991 fridge will keep on running for a long time.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congrats on your new addition. I love that it is white.

Cat

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
~Thanks for all the kind words! We're loving the new fridge. It looks great with my 50's kitchen theme.~

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Woo hoo! Congrats. I love getting new appliances as they are so clean. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts