Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mail person knocked and my door a few minutes ago with a package for my son with postage due of 2.00. It was his wallet. Everything was in it except his atm card and credit card. All 4 of his military IDs his DL and his SSN card were still there. Also his money was gone. There was no return address on the envelope. I am so surprised. It was nice of who ever did send it back. Now I have to send it to him.
Fern

·
Registered
546 Posts
Awesome!!

I'm so glad it was returned. Sad about his money was gone but at least everything else was there.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Somebody found it and took out the money and cards then got rid of it and somebody else found it and sent it back. Im sorry the first person to find it couldnt have been the honest one but Im glade it was returned.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Wow, I am glad someone found it and sent it back, even if the money had already been stolen.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am glad it was returned as well, too bad the money wasnt there but atleast the important stuff was, make sure the bank for the atm card and the credit card are notified and they are cancelled and new ones sent out, that will protect your DS with any fradulent charges.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
You need to tell your son to never call his Social Security card with him. Too much damage could be done in the hands of the wrong person.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will make sure he knows not to carry his SSN card........ They did use his credit card to the tune of $48. Bought a 2 months worth of train tickets. I told him he needs to keep his wallet in his front pocket or something........ I hope he learned from this experience.....being robbed. He did report the atm and cc the same night it happened............He is so happy.
Fern

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It stinks that his money was stolen, but it's great he got the IDs back.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Even if he doesn't carry his soc card with him, he is required to carry his military id at all times due to military regulations, and his military id has his soc on it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm glad to hear that he got his wallet back along with his ids.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That's great that someone returned your sons wallet :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
glad to know that there are some honest people out there. I would difinitly keep checking to see if the S.S. number was used for something. A group near boston was arrested about a year ago, they were making fake ss cards with real numbers that they had stolen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts