Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to check on everyone tonight, and found FOUR NEW CHICKS running around after their momma, one of my guinea hens!!! Didn't have my camera, so no pic, but SO cute!!!

I just hope some of them survive. Chicks have a lot of enemies in the country. :( But tonight, running around behind their mother, they were just too cute for words! :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Oh......babies! Can't you lock them up someplace tonight so some critter doesn't get them? Beat they are adorable........hurry with the pics!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's already got them hidden away. I went out before dark, and saw them "foraging." Guineas are pretty wild, so she herded them away as soon as she saw me. I did empty the usual chicken water dish, because I've had babies drown in there before. I hoped she had taken them into the coop, in which case I WOULD have locked her up with them until they were bigger, but she wasn't in there, and I couldn't find her.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Did they make it through the night?

I can't wait to see pics........

I had some Calif. Quail come through my yard about a month ago. I know they didn't realize I was there weeding.......man they (mom and pop) had one heck of a group of them and they were soooooooo tiny. Didn't realize the parents took them 'out and about' when they were so small......they couldn't have flown if anything did chase them. So I kept an eye out for any cat. Hope some of them made it......so cute!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
How are they doing? All still there?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Awwww....I hope they are ok...and you get a picture of them...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts