Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I can't get the ~ over the n for proper lettering. Anyway, I am trying to improve my spanish skills, which are nearly non-existent (or at least at a very juvenile level) and it occurred to me that there might be some villagers who either have or would like to develop same skills.

So....
Buenos dias, amigos. Como esta? Estoy Muy bien hoy dia, pero no tengo muchas palabras en espanol. Pienso que si practico (is that correct for "I practice"?), yo (hmmm, what is "learn" and how do you say it in future tense like I will learn?).

Muchas gracias, ustedes!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hola, mi amiga, buenas dias :) Learn is basically the same,
Learn: aprenda learned: docto

There is a translation site as well to learn how to say things in spanish:
Hay un sitio de la traducción también para aprender cómo decir cosas en español

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Hablamos mas tarde, amiga.

·
27,948 Posts
Can't help you with the Spanish but I can help you put the squiggle above your n, lol.
Press & hold down Alt and then numbers 0241, let go & you'll get ñ
Alt 0209 gives you Ñ

http://www.ajmoreau.com/altcodes.html

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I could do it in Word, but not in the forum.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! I can read your spanish just fine. Traduccion is a new word to me, but in context I'd have figured it out. How do you get the accent mark?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Funny you posted this. I have already signed up for my Fall classes and one of them happens to be Spanish. LOL!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
hold down ALT and hit 164 and release the ALT and the ñ should appear.

Hablo español con mis abuelos y algunos tios y tias. Pero en la casa es casi siempre puro ingles. No hay pregunta en mi mente que cuando tengo hijos propios, van hablar las dos idiomas. En cualquier lugar el español es diferente, en varios estados de Mexico, en los otros paises, donde sea. Pero la forma basico se queda igual. Nunca estudie español en la escuela, asi que no uso los acentos, ni bien se donde ponerlos. Estudie frances cuatro años..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Mom23boys - I'll be your distant study-buddy!

Latierra84 - you're awesome. I never spoke spanish with my grandparents or family, but actually started out speaking spanish instead of english since my caregiver spoke it. I also took some classes in HS and college, but it has been a long time. Now my mom is in a nursing facility where many of her caretakers speak spanish more easily than english. I actually can talk with them, as long as I don't mind being laughed at sometimes, and she was amazed that I can and will do so. So were they - and pleased. So now I have to live up to it and try to do better, 'cause "Tomas a la leche!" isn't going to get me too far :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts