Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had such a nice weekend. We took a drive to traverse city. It's about 3 hrs nw of us. It was so beautiful! We visited a lighthouse, an old mission, the bay. We saw the most beautiful vineyards and homes. It was just breathtaking. I wanted to move! I'll post some pics in a few. We're definitely going back in a couple of weeks for their cherry festival. I love cherries! ;) I love going on these drives because it never costs more than gas and lunch. (and sometimes not even lunch when we pack it ourselves)It's just fun to see things and take pictures.

Sunday Gabe and Zachary had a lot of water fun with squirters and the sprinkler. We did a lot of yardwork. (tomorrow is that one day a month that we can haul branches to the curb) We have almost one entire side of the yard cleared now. I need to take pictures because this is after clearing the branches, but before tilling in the flower beds on that side of the yard. We had a nice dinner of just grilled hotdogs and cold salads. We then went shopping to pick up some odds and ends. I picked up some plant lights to help me grow my seedlings.

The sweetest thing was we were at the store shopping and we happened to see a little matted print of the lighthouse we just visited on Saturday. It had a sweet little description in calligraphy and Gabe picked it up for me. I just love it. I'd love to see all the lighthouses here in MI. I'm thinking it's something special our family could do together on our daytrips. I'm attaching a pic of the lighthouse, but will add some more pics to the gallery soon.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sara, sounds like you really did have a lovely weekend. I love short road trips. They are the best.

Cool picture of the Mission. I love to sight see too.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Your weekend sounded magical!!! I am green with envy :)

I also love trips like that...pack a lunch and go wherever the car takes us, see the sights in a different town. If I wasn't afraid of freeways I would take Ayla places during the week, Carl never seems to want to go anywhere on the weekends:bang:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
The picture is lovely and it sounds like you had a magical time!

Your children will always remember special days like this ~ It's one of the main things I remember about my own Dad, he could just put us in the car and find something Wonderful and build the BEST memories!

Those are always the days that 'really' matter somehow.

Oh P.S ~ I love lighthouses too, there is something very special about them. I saw a decorating programme on TV once and the people Lived in a lighthouse, their living room was the glass round bit at the top! (technical aren't I? lol) It was BEAUTIFUL!

I'm glad you had such a lovely weekend. :hugz:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm so glad you had a great weekend, Sara. You definitely needed a nice break. We've visited several lighthouses in NJ and have a few more to go. DH is afraid of heights, but he's a trooper, lol.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds like a great weekend Sara. I like taking day trips too, though we haven't done that much lately. The picture of the lighthouse is beautiful.

·
27,948 Posts
I love the picture of the lighthouse. It loooks like a one room school house with a beacon on top.

Glad you had fun on your little get away. It's amazing what cool things there are to see and do so close to all our homes.

Water fights sounded fun too:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh Sara, it sounds like your weekend was FUN for the whole family!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That was a real nice week-end, Sara, you had! I can't wait to see more pics!:)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad to hear you had a great weekend Sara.:D I too enjoy roadtrips visiting different cities and towns and learning history. It can be so much fun.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
What fun ! I love those kind of trips ! I'm glad you all got away and had some fun ! That is the shortest lighthouse I have ever seen, I thought it was a church....... I'll bet Zachary had a blast, go again and go soon !!:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
What a wonderful weekend and I'm so glad it was yours. I've never seen a lighthouse in person, but I always love pictures of them. Someday will go to the east coast.

Some of our favorite times is taking day trips, packing a lunch and heading where the van goes. We've seen so much of our province that way, its incredible. Your so right, it hardly costs anything either!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Dh and I used to do that ALL the time. Our motto was "Have coffee will travel!" Now that he is retired we plan on doing it a lot more! :D

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend with your family! :)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I'm glad you had a nice weekend. You and Gabe both deserve it :D

Thanks for sharing the pic.Like CJ ,I've never seen a lighthouse in person but hope to oneday.I know you're in MI, but I think the east coast,New England area is so beautiful..I would pack up and move today but dh won't! I'm a southern girl,but I feel sometimes I need a change :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sounds like a lovely weekend!!!! It's been a dream of DH and mine to stay in a lighthouse. One day we'll do that!!!:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I love lighthouses, but as of yet still haven't been able to get to see one in person, maybe this summer, huh? Anyhow, what a great trip you all have had!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts