Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the heat tonight... I've been trying not to turn it on, but it will be down to freezing tonight. :sigh: :weeping: Any1 else in the same boat? How long do you usually wait before you turn on the heat?

Kim

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Not very long!!!

I refuse to 'totally freeze'.........and it takes awhile for my body to adjust to the cold ---(colder) house.

I turned mine on about 1 1/2 weeks ago. AT first it was to just take the chill off in the mornings but now we are close to freezing and only 40's (or low 50's) in daytime. (we had our first freeze about 2 weeks ago or more)

I put on my flannel sheets about 3 weeks ago!!!

And when we get colder (about Dec.).........I will go to my FLEECE SHEETS!! :yikes:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Haven't turned my on yet. Dh is the one that breaks down and turns it on. Not that cold yet.....Thank goodness gas is cheaper than electric running the air here.

·
19,119 Posts
I put a blanket on our bed last night and will be adding more as the months progress.

Reactions: Jessesbride

·
Registered
995 Posts
We've had the heat on for more than a month already.

However on saying that we have turned it off a few days in between since it turned slightly warmer.

It isn't as though it is extremely cold here all the time but it is chilly and very wet which makes it feel colder and damper.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Any day now. (my friends have turned it on at their houses)

Our heater will kick on when the temp inside the house reaches house reaches 60. A least that is what we have it set at now.

The lowest it has reached in the house so far is 63 which is right now in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
We had to turn ours on about the end of Sept we had temps in the 30's & frost then. It's in the 30's this morning too brrr!

·
2,688 Posts
Turned the OWB on Sept 11, same date as last year. Nice warm house and all the hot water I want. Have enough seasoned wood left from last year to do us for the winter. New load green wood coming probably late November. This will be our 3rd winter using a outside wood boiler.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I haven't turned mine on, usually wait till November. I have a small space heater I move room to room during the day to keep warm but we like it cold at night. The forecast looks like I will need the heat on by Monday.

G

·
End of Sept here. I HATE being cold. I work hard for the money, and if I want to turn the heat on, then I will! :)

DH would leave it off until Dec. if he had his way.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
We've had ours on for two months now. It snowed here within the first two weeks of September, so I wasn't kidding around this year. I normally have a heavier blanket on the bed for everyone, but having it at 65 was just too cold for us.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.