Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen recently a lot of ads for the new hair removal systems. There is one call Veet and I've seen that Nair has new items. Have you tried any? I was thinking about trying Veet (I hope this is the correct name) but I wanted some opinions first. Thanks!! :D

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
I haven't tried these yet. I have reactions to waxing, so I have tried threading...and it's great!!! Less pain, very effective! I only have my eyebrows done, so I can't say if it's good for other parts...I would suspect it would take a long time...since you are basically pulling out individual hairs with the thread...but it works for me!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I used to have the sugaring done in a salon on my underarms. But I finally just decided that I could not afford it and have gone back to shaving. I hate it but the new razor Intuition is not too bad. If I could I would go right back to the sugaring but its just too much $$$$$. I have not tried any of the new over the counter products. I have been tempted to try the Nads but haven't wanted it bad enough yet. Good luck with whichever one you try.

pat

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I tried the Nads, and I didn't think that it really worked really well. It hurt a whole lot, but didn't take all the hair off. I would like to not have to shave, but I have had a bad reaction to Nair products so I am stuck with the razor.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm a shaver until the summer. I've tried home waxing kits like Sweet Simplicity - not so simple. I will never get them waxed -way too chicken. I get my eyebrows waxed but that's as far as I go. I've done the Nair and it's not as bad as it was 15 years ago. I always Nair or Neet my bikini line because it's just better without the razor bumps - no matter what shaving gels/creams you use they happen. Can't wait until next summer when I can use them again.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I used Nair wax for my bikini area, and it actually didn't hurt *too bad, and I didn't stay red for too long after...only thing was it said it would last *weeks* longer than shaving. It only lasted one week till it grew back AND I got the same ingrown hairs I do with shaving...except worse! so it took a lot of exfoliating to fix that...

I think everything is going to give me promblems one way or another :(

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I use the Nair microwave wax kit. I love it. Last summer when I first got it I was waxing anything I could, my eyebrows,bikini line, Neighbor's eye brows, small animals. Just kidding on the last part. Really though, Aylasmommy is right, the bikini wax isn't as bad as I had thought it would be. But it did last a bit longer for me. I'll not go back to shaving anytime soon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ahhh, you guys use the Nair WAX.... nuh, uh!! I'm a dipilatory gal. I don't care if I had to stand there for a half and hour instead of the ten minutes - my bikini would be the LAST place I would wax. You are very, very brave and I envy your pain tolerance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts