1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The Haitian people just can't seem to catch a break. Glad no more real damage was done but it had to be terribly frightening.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive felt an earthquake before only a small one - 4 magnitude, i think.

But even still that worried me so i cant imagine how people in Haiti must be feeling with 2 big ones in a week

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
That is horrible. I had a World Vision child years ago in Haiti and I am praying for the World Vision community. They do disaster relief also. I am going to donate to them. They usually help in getting clean water to the community besides food.

Reactions: Incognito

·
Registered
860 Posts
Uh-oh. I heard mention of a small earthquake here in Alabama on the news last night, which makes me wonder if we're entering a period of earthquakes. I hope not.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Did anyone see that awesome rescue of that old lady being trapped for seven days. I hope she is getting the care she needs now. It was amazing how long she fought to live.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I feel so bad for them. I already donated and will again next week with next pay check.
In Canada I heard that 80 million will be given out for reliief fund and I know that in PEI every where there is trucks at certain stores like walmrt and superstore that are accepting donations of water, and money, etc to help.
we have also some bands lined up to fun raise.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2010/01/20/pei-concert-haiti-aid-584.html
I know that every where we hear, of all the wonderful people helping out in time of need around the world .

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
My heart goes out to everyone there

-- The first quake shocked me... this second one has me thinking about preparations for my family and if we would be okay if we had something as devastating happen here.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
OMG, those poor people. Enough already. We donated also, last week. With Catholic relief services.

Well, you know...they made a deal with the devil. (Pat Robertson quote) :huh::rolleyes: That's just crazy and mean. I call myself a Christian, too, but that poor old guy........I think he's losing it. Someone needs to do a (kind, gentle) intervention.

Anyway....I'm sending up more prayers for the people there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts