Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done this tutorial with different colored yarns in sequence to make the stitches. I will be referring to each color in the pictures. I have tried to do this taking less pictures. So if you do not understand, please ask. In all pictures I will be referring to, I will go from top to bottom.

Half Double Crochet Tutorial

This tutorial will be done making 5 stitches.

Top Yellow - Chain 6

I have marked the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> chain from the hook, this is where you will insert your hook. The 2 chains between the mark and the hook will count as the first half double crochet.

Bottom Purple - Yarn over and insert hook in the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> chain from the hook.

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Top Yellow - Yarn over and pull through the chain stitch. (3 loops on hook)

Bottom Purple - Yarn over and pull through 3 loops. Half double crochet completed. (1 loop on hook)

Do these steps 3 more times.

1) Yarn over insert hook in stitch indicated.

2) Yarn over and pull through stitch. (3 loops on hook)

3) Yarn over and pull through 3 loops. (1 loop on hook)

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the next picture is row 1 completed. Starting on the right hand side, I have marked the top of the turning chain, the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> stitch and the 5<SUP>th</SUP> stitch.

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Row 2: Chain 2 and turn.

I have marked the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> stitch to show you where you will insert your hook to work the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> half double crochet and the top of the turning chain to see where your last half double crochet will go. The chain 2 counts as your first half double crochet.

Work 3 more half double crochet across the row, making sure you work the last one in the top of the turning chain.

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 rows of 5 stitches of half double crochet completed.

I have marked starting from the right hand side, the top of the turning chain (counts as 1<SUP>st</SUP> stitch) the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> stitch and the 5<SUP>th</SUP> stitch along with the corresponding posts for those stitches.

Please Do Not Post To This Thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.