Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally in the last few weeks weve gotton 3 of the 6 barn cats fixed..

Momma cat (Sasha) was the hardest, she is really wild so was hard to catch. She got out at the vets office,, but now shes all healed up, and doesnt have to worry about more kittens,, shes about 5 years old,, all she does now is play.

Trouble, a 10 month old figured out there were females,, so now hes fixed,, poor guy doesnt know what happened.

TJ,, 2 yr. old,, still has no idea what a female is, or a male for that matter.
he just does his own thing,,

Now on to Bandit, Harley And Patches., All males

I feel so bad taking them in but know its the best thing for all plus they all get their shots... Now on to the rest.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I think it's a good thing, that way your not worrying about an abundance of cats around :hugz:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Whew, that's a lot of cats to fix! :) I bet you're glad the momma is done! Do you think the vet's office would give you a volume discount? :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just got my cats spayed a couple of months ago. They had never been outside so i never bothered to take them to the vet or anything. They hated it me for a day or two, but they are better now. And lo and behold a few weeks after they got spayed oreo snuck out for 4 hours....

·
27,948 Posts
It's a wonderful thing for all. Good for you! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our vet is helping us with all of them, it still is costing a bit, but... we decided to keep them, so MUST be responsible & get them fixed.

With shots & the males its still around 130 a cat. Sasha was more being spayed plus she was preg. with kittens again. That really makes me feel bad.. but its too late now.. But I don't need to worry about more. Weve been trying to catch her for awhile.

Now if people would quit dumping and fixing their own animals it would help.
Hopefully we won't be taking on anymore... cat food is getting expensive!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You did a great thing! It's sad when cats keep reproducing because they haven't been fixed. I hope that people stop dumping their cats on you too, I agree it's not cheap to care for cats (food, vet visits, etc...).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts