Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else go to a campground for one of the Halloween themed weekends? My family and I do. We have been going since the oldest gs was 2. We decorate our campsite and participate in the activities the campground has to offer. This year we are staying at a KOA. Our campsite Halloween theme will be Scooby Doo Camp Scare. We are all dressing up as a character from Scooby Doo. I have already started on our decorations, mainly from cardboard. They lighter, easier to transport and put up. We choose the menu and prepare everything before we go. It makes cooking so much easier. We are so excited and looking forward to our trip!

·
Super Moderator
19,753 Posts
I always thought that sounded like fun, but we're too far north for that. Halloween can be beautiful here, or we can get 3 ft of snow. A lot of area campgrounds close before then too.

Your plans sound like such fun. I hope you post pics if you can.

What's your camping style? I love hearing what others do. This is ours. Usually we at least put the recliners out, but mosquitoes were ferocious that trip so we weren't out much and didn't want to have a lot to pack up in a bug storm.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I always thought that sounded like fun, but we're too far north for that. Halloween can be beautiful here, or we can get 3 ft of snow. A lot of area campgrounds close before then too.
Here it would be 3" of rain. Our wet season typically starts mid/late October. Temps at night would be pretty chilly, but the chiggers would be gone.

The thing to do around here is the haunted houses. Mostly gore and jump scares, not my idea of fun but the younger crowd likes it. My SS sometimes picks up a part time job there during the season.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will definitely take pics and post them so everyone can see. I figured up north the weather could be dicey in October. Our first snow is usually right before Thanksgiving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts