Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we thought DS was going to be spiderman, but I realized last night that he would really have fun being a ghost. He loves them, and loves saying "boo" to everyone, especially when they pretend to be really scared. SO now I need some costume help, since my creativity is lacking. Obviously I can not just put a sheet over his head. He's two years old, it won't work. So I was thinking leaving the head open and painting his face ghostly. I don't mind spending a little on his costume. I was going to buy his spiderman costume, which I'm glad I didn't, because I really didn't want to pay $9.99 for a really crappy costume that would fall apart before the night ended. So we'll say $10.00 is my budget here. And that includes face paints, which aren't all that expensive. So start throwing your best ghost ideas at me!

·
4,028 Posts
white and grey smudged face paint
powdered or floured hair
grey under the eyes for that sunken Jacob Marley look
chains, rattling chains is always creepy

since he is so small, you could make a layered looking costume that is tattered and torn - half the sheet could be the base costume and the other half torn into long flowing strips and stitched or glued in place. This way you can keep the front of the costume shorter so he won't trip.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Here is an idea for you,
Do a hole in the center of a white sheet big enough for the head to fit through.
Then cut along the bottom of the sheet so it lays just above your shoes (that way you dont have to worry about tripping!). Use the scraps of sheet you have left over to make your ghost costume "ragged" looking by tearing strips, then drape them over the shoulders of the costume, and gluing or safety pin them in place. Paint your face white with dark circles around your eyes! For an even neater effect, sprinkle baby powder in your hair to make it be really white, or use a beannie cap that is white to cover the hair. You can also cut enough sheet to just tie around the head so it doesn't show hair, but the face has nothing covering it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts