Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - now I'm just being nosey - what are y'all giving out tonight to the lil trick or treaters at your door? What are your faves? :D

We're giving out mini butterfinger bites, baby ruth bites and crunch bites, traditional lollipops and hot lips, big foot, green thumb gummy candy.

My faves are: coffee crisp, caramilk, kit kat and aero and twizzlers. Oh and plain chips ;)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Haven't had T or T for years............so nothing.

Good thing.........candy was so high this year I bought
nothing.........not even for me.............well, okay, I did find
Lindt on sale and bought me a bag.

·
Registered
493 Posts
We are giving out Butterfingers, Snickers, Twix, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats and Milky Ways. These all happen to be my favorites, in case we have anything leftover :)

I go thru 12 bags a candy within 2 hrs. I only give out 1 piece per child. When it's gone, I turn off the lights.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Mini Reeces, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, and Nestle Crunch bars, Pixie Stix, eyeball gumballs, Smarties, and candy sticks. (Formally known as candy cigarettes. :eek:)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I wont be home, I have to work tonight. Turning off the light, turning up the radio so the dogs don't freak out too bad about the noises around.

On the upside, I didn't blow my food budget on candy. Not that I wont blow it on something else later. :shame: smirk!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Our Beggar's Night was last night. I never buy candy because we arent' home to hand it out. Next year, I might do buy a bag or two and leave in a bowl on the front step.

The kids received a wide assortment of candies. They got quite a few full sized candy bars!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We typically do not get and trick or treating kids so nothing. Since DS and DD are too old for trick or treating, I get them a big bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups each.

I am thinking about taking the four year old who lives across the street a goody bag with some candy, crayons, and a few other "prizes". I fondly remember the lady across the street doing this for me when I was younger, then she continued and did it for my kids, too.

Reactions: Libby

·
27,948 Posts
No trick or treaters here so no candy in the house. My fav's are butterfingers, whoppers malted milk balls & Hershey's special dark. Mmm. I like the idea you have for your neighbors child Neeley. Growing up my kids were lucky enough to get our older neighbors candy the day after Halloween. Nobody ever came but she was ready with the good candy, lol. My kids were thrilled.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got 1 jumbo bag of mixed mini's from Walmart that includes whoppers, hershey bar, almond joy, reeses pb cup, milk duds and heath bars. I am going off of memory here but I think that is everything.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We bought these. No chocolate temptations in my house this year. LOL

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
a chocolate mix ( kit kat, whoppers, hershey's and peanutbutter cups) and skittles for the no chocolate people.

·
4,028 Posts
We don't get too many but tonight's treats will include DumDum lollipops, mixed fun size candy bars, and we'll have marshmallows available at the fire pit out front.

I'm hoping it will cover the needs and leave a few treats left over for us. :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I bought my kids some Krispy Kremes and we are turning off the lights to strangers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Aldi had their version of snack size snickers for 50 cents per bag. 6 bags gives me 90 bars to hand out for only $3! Cheapest Halloween ever! And they're really good too.. bought a couple bags just to eat.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our Beggar's Night was last night. I never buy candy because we arent' home to hand it out. Next year, I might do buy a bag or two and leave in a bowl on the front step.

The kids received a wide assortment of candies. They got quite a few full sized candy bars!
I remember growing up, the people who left their light on with the bowl of candy out on their porch. There was always a stretched out gaggle of kids going up to the door and the first kid there dumped the entire bowl into their bag. Rude huh?!

No trick or treaters here so no candy in the house. My fav's are butterfingers, whoppers malted milk balls & Hershey's special dark.
Mmm...forgot about the whoppers! Those ARE yummy!

Aldi had their version of snack size snickers for 50 cents per bag. 6 bags gives me 90 bars to hand out for only $3! Cheapest Halloween ever! And they're really good too.. bought a couple bags just to eat.
Thats a great find!

Mini Reeces, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, and Nestle Crunch bars, Pixie Stix, eyeball gumballs, Smarties, and candy sticks. (Formally known as candy cigarettes. :eek:)
Are they now called 'Popeye Candy Sticks' instead?

------------

I just found my McDonald's vouchers - 6 coupons for $1 - free ice cream, pop/drink or small fries. I usually do a lil something special for the earlybirds and very young kids with parents. Especially those that put that effort into dressing up! :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I used to be the well meaning lady( there is one in every neighborhood) that gave out apples or oranges.Got tired of seeing them floating in the culvert the next morning. We live on the outskirts of town and have a long driveway. Anyone willing to go down it gets a full size Snickers this year and DH will pass out. I'm going walking with the grandson!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts