326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
19,119 Posts
The coupon has expired

·
Registered
904 Posts
Worked for me just a minute ago, try it again!

THANKS!!!! Not going to be a Christmas gift, but one for me. I bet I can use it with the Ziploc vacuum bags from walmart.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We're sorry, code FSFRSH0051-000 is no longer available for use. Please verify the code was entered correctly. If so, the code may be expired, you have not qualified for any discounts or the offer may no longer be available.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We're sorry, code FSFRSH0051-000 is no longer available for use. Please verify the code was entered correctly. If so, the code may be expired, you have not qualified for any discounts or the offer may no longer be available.
That's not the code, that's the item number :) The code is further down in her post

Btw, anyone know if the bags you're supposed to use are washable? Or are they one-use only?

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
I looked at it. but once you add the bags (7.99) or the plastic container (7.99) and the special attachment you need for the bags (7.99) suddenly it's not so cheap.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I think you can use this with the Ziploc bags at walmart that are fairly cheap. When mine gets here I will let you know.
I ordered one, too. Do you know if the bags (I guess it comes with 2) are reusable? I think I read somewhere that the Ziploc ones are...but I'm not sure. They confuse me by saying resealable one time and then reusable the next....I mean, they're obviously resealable if they are reusable, but not necessarily the other way around, kwim?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Lot of the stores no longer carries the bags you need for this. My local walmart and kmart and target clearanced them out a few months ago. The only way i could order them is through the site or ebay. Not sure if others brands can be used.

·
19,119 Posts
Glad you like it!! So glad that you got in on the great deal!!

Reactions: Vanilla

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not sure if everyone knows, but Ziplok makes some bags that you can use with this. They are just like the ziploks we all know and love, except they have the grid pattern on the plastic and a little one way valve for vacuuming out the air. You put this machine or the Ziploc hand pump over the valve and suck out the air.

I buy them for less than $3.00 a box. Both Quarts and Gallons are about the same price per box. You get 8 Gallon bags and 12 Quart bags per box.

You can also buy a ziplock hand pump for about $3.00 as well.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ok, this thing is awesome. I found my perfect use for it today: Cilantro. I can never use the entire bunch up before it goes bad. I bought one bunch on Thursday last week to use in 2 dishes: Guacamole to have with tacos and chips, and Pad Thai. We used cilantro on the pad thai last night, and again on the leftovers for tonight. The rest I put in one of the bags that came with the vacuum sealer. We'll see if it makes it until Friday and Saturday night, but seeing how much air was sucked out of that bag...I have high hopes :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.