1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
What is Fat Tuesday?

·
Registered
345 Posts
My brother works at the House of Blues in New Orleans...he's going to be tired tomorrow! But the $ is great!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
OK . I would know nothing about that. Thanks.
Most i ever knew is they thrwe cheap beads at people
Ash Wed is tomorrow

·
Registered
345 Posts
Today is Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras)...tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Since tomorrow is the beginning of 40 days of fasting, repentance, and reflection (for us Catholics and other denominations who observe Lent), Mardi Gras is a way of getting all your kicks in before Lent starts.

Mardi Gras season actually starts weeks before Mardi Gras. New Orleans is famous for its Mardi Gras, but many of the gulf cities have their own parades and celebrations. We lived north of New Orleans for a while, and we didn't go to N.O. for Mardi Gras, but instead enjoyed some of the more family-friendly parades over in Mississippi, namely Pass Christian, where some friends of ours live.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I read on the net that I-HOP gives free short stacks of pancakes (3 pancakes) to their customers on Fat Tuesday. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I read on the net that I-HOP gives free short stacks of pancakes (3 pancakes) to their customers on Fat Tuesday. :)
Makes me wish we had an IHOP nearby...we LOVE pancakes in this house! And I wouldn't have to cook :)

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
If I didn't have to pick Dh up at the airport when I get off work tonight I would got there myself. Paige can put away some pancakes...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts