Frugal Village Forums banner

Happy Fat Tuesday

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  KKCondrey 
#1 ·
Happy Fat Tuesday everyone. :fdance:

#4 ·
My brother works at the House of Blues in New Orleans...he's going to be tired tomorrow! But the $ is great!

#7 ·
Today is Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras)...tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Since tomorrow is the beginning of 40 days of fasting, repentance, and reflection (for us Catholics and other denominations who observe Lent), Mardi Gras is a way of getting all your kicks in before Lent starts.

Mardi Gras season actually starts weeks before Mardi Gras. New Orleans is famous for its Mardi Gras, but many of the gulf cities have their own parades and celebrations. We lived north of New Orleans for a while, and we didn't go to N.O. for Mardi Gras, but instead enjoyed some of the more family-friendly parades over in Mississippi, namely Pass Christian, where some friends of ours live.

#10 ·
Makes me wish we had an IHOP nearby...we LOVE pancakes in this house! And I wouldn't have to cook :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.