Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope all you MOMS out the have a blessed day tomorrow. Hope you have a frugal one.We are going to a Italian place tomorrow with the girls our oldest daughter and fiance and his family. We can get by with a nice lunch for 4 of us for around $ 30 bucks including the tip.:grouphug2

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Happy Mothers day everyone! We are taking our household, our Moms and FIL out for a breakfast buffet. Not the least expensive but tasty. Dh had suggested grilling here but to be honest I declined as it is lots of work for me with all the side dishes, desserts, clean up etc. Anyways thats why I have $ in the gift account:)

Dh has some T bones we got on sale to cook for dinner. Yum! What a treat a meal out and steak.

·
Registered
459 Posts
We are going to my in-laws so DH can help his dad open up the cottages, that he looks after.FL runs his own company. Then his mom and I will cook supper. Plus I have a ton of house work to do. I was jut going to stay home but DH got upset at that idea and really wanted me to come. So he says he will help with it when we get home.
DD made me a really sweet card and some flowers out of tissue paper I love home made gifts so much more the store ones, and at sparks she made me a candle holder.

Oh plus he just made me a my morning cup of Green tea with honey. AH it is the little things really.

Happy Mothers Day! :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hubby's grandmother is 86 years old and her house in Galveston Texas was pretty much ruined by Hurricane Ike last year. All family members have been chipping in with money and/or labor to fix (practically rebuild) her house. The house is over 100 years old. She is poor, had no insurance, and only got a little money from FEMA.

Today everyone is going to the house for a picnic and to put the finishing touches on the house so she can move back in. This woman is amazing. She came here as a young bride with her husband, had 11 children, was abandoned by her husband and raised the kids all by herself.

Nobody in the family is rich, but by pulling together as a family they managed a lot. Everybody used whatever resources they had to help get the work done, buy the materials, etc.

I think it will be a great Mother's Day!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all those special women in the village.
Mary your post is beautiful. Your hubby's grandmother sounds very special, and how nice of the family to pull together for her. This is how family's are suppose to treat each other. I'm glad to hear some still know what respect and compassion are.Bless you and your family.

Cat

·
Registered
960 Posts
Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
:dancing: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYONE! :dancing: I have to say that motherhood has to be one of the hardest yet most rewarding job out there. It is so under-appreciated, yet the most important job in the world. I never knew motherhood was like this, but never for a second would I consider taking it back.

We don't have much planned for today. DH and I are still recuperating from strep throat. DH and the kids are going to go out later today to find something for me, and other than that I think we're all going to veg and perhaps play some family games.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Happy Mother's Day to Nana2two, and all other FV moms! :queen2:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Happy Mother's Day everyone and to their moms! :clap:

DH got me lots of awesome stuff this morning and we're heading out later to get garden border and a rain barrel. I hope everyone else has an awesome day. :)

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here at FV! Hope it's a very special day for you!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful mothers!! :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thanks
We went out to a nice resturant with my boys had a nice time.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Happy Mother's Day everyone. I hope you all had wonderful days :rose:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts