Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to wish all my fellow Canadians a happy Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is our favourite holiday. All of us, both religious and secular, regardless of our circumstances, have a lot to be thankful for, and it is good to take time to express those thanks.

We are having a bunch of friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. I thought I would share a non-denominational Grace that I wrote for such occasions.

We are gathered here today to enjoy a great feast. As we do so, let us be thankful for all the blessings we enjoy.

Today we are blessed with bountiful and excellent food. Not everyone in the world will eat today.

We have our friends here for company. Not everyone has company today.

When we go home tonight, we will sleep warmly under a roof, within four walls. Not everyone will have shelter tonight.

So, as we enjoy this feast, let us give thanks for the food and all the other blessings we enjoy, and let us give a thought for those who are less fortunate.

Amen.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well - beautiful words and thoughts you have shared. I hope it makes at least one person look at their neighbor differently tomorrow.

·
19,119 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to our friends from Canada!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving and very nice poem it make you think about the things we have and should be more thankful for them.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! The grace you wrote is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I just noticed this thread two minutes after posting my own Happy Thanksgiving thread. I hope you had a lovely weekend and have a great Holiday Monday.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
yay..........turkey day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait til the kids get back for dinner!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all in Canada

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
happy Thanksgiving Keith from PEI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts