Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table class="article_head"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">13 March 2007</td></tr></tbody></table> <hr> France puts Harry Potter and his friends Ron and Hermione on postage stamps

PARIS (AP) - French mail service La Poste is celebrating Harry Potter and friends with a set of stamps and stationery.
Starting this weekend, the bespectacled schoolboy wizard appears on stamps for domestic priority mail. Ron Weasley appears on stamps for slow domestic mail and Hermione Granger appears on stamps for international mail.
France isn't the first country to put Harry Potter on a stamp. Australia, the Isle of Man and Taiwan, for example, have already issued stamps honouring the hero of J.K. Rowling's books.
The seventh and final instalment in the series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," which tells the story of Harry during his final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, will be published July 21.
Four hit movies have been adapted from the Potter books. The fifth instalment, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," is scheduled for release July 13.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Why do I know that DD is going to want to get her hands on some of these? Let's see, she is a 13 year old in love with the kid who plays Harry as well as all of the HP books. Cannot wait to show her this. She is going to have a fit.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
We love the Harry Potter books, we are so excited that the last book is coming out, but sad that it's the last book.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I wish the USPS was enlightened enough to put HP on stamps. It would sure make mailing letters more fun. And it would still be cheaper than going out and buying an owl!

Rowling has done a brilliant job, I think, in creating a parallel world and making it come alive. She deserves all her good fortune for she has truly enriched a whole generation of children -- and the adults who can't resist it either.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I love HP!!! I think they're great!! They were the reason why my sister can read now I swear. When they first came out, my younger sister was 12 and reading at a grade 3 level because she "hated reading". My older sister bought her the first HP book and she went nuts, she went through it as fast as she could and then begged my sister for the second one!! After she finished the 3 that were out, she even attempted lord of the rings! (though, even I couldn't get through that one!!)

I'm so excited for the new book and the new movie...the movie comes out on my birthday so my birthday is HP themed...the movie and DH is getting me the book!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts