Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all scrapbookers I had a question.Have you ever painted chipboard?I have glittered it,inked,chalked and adhered paper but I would like to paint it using paint i do folk art painting.If you have did it turn out?And what method did you use?Thanks in advance

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
yeah. use a dry brush method, otherwise it tends to curl. I used regular acrylic paint, prpbably not the best choice. But I matted my letters and don't have them sitting on or too close to the pics.

Reactions: jade73

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I've done this in the past as well and they always turned out good ... just used regular acrylic paints that come in the small bottles I got at Walmart.

I do have to say though that I've never painted "real" chipboard because I've never used anything but cut up cereal boxes, macaroni and cheese boxes and such cardboards as those.

Found that tip out years ago and it was a much cheaper option [free!] :cheergrl:

As for method of doing it, I'm sure I tried about every way you could do it and one thing I liked doing was starting with a little paint to start with and then use a sponge and add more as needed.

But as I said ... there are many ways it can be done. Experiment with it, I'm sure you'll come up with something way cool!

I haven't scrapped in about 5 years or so ... had given all [and I mean I had a TON] of scrapping stuff away, saved a very few things but am now having the itch to start again.

-------

Dee Jaye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts