Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SIL recommended I read her book Vanishing Acts, and so far it's really good.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I am currently reading My Sisters Keeper I have only started, so I don't know if I like it or not yet.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Ooooh, Arlene, My Sister's Keeper is a really tough read. I just read it about 2 months ago. It is the only Picoult book I have read so far, and it was a good book- I sorta' figured out what was going on, but oh, what a book. Let me know what you think of it when you are finished.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Kimberlina said:
Ooooh, Arlene, My Sister's Keeper is a really tough read.
That's what I am afraid of. I am kinda scared to read it because of my dd...that's why I haven't jumped into it just yet...might be a tad to close to home

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Arlene, I think it will be. I had a tough time with it- I was reading it when we were waiting to find out what was up with the tumor on DDs head. I don't know if I would want to read it in your situation- it is very emotionally challenging.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Thanks for the input-you may never know what I thought about the book, because I may never actually read it :toothy: I will let you know though

·
Registered
477 Posts
I thought "My sister's keeper" was one of the best books I have ever read. I actually went out and bought it for my sister to read. It really makes you think, what would you do, if that was you? At what point does your loyaly to you sister stop, and taking care of yourself begin? So so good.
I just finished "vanishing Acts" two days ago, and I really liked it, but it was nowhere near the same level of great that "my sister's keeper"was.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I havent read any by her,but a friend said I'd her writing.

What type books does she write...mystery,drama,love...????

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bamamomto4 said:
I havent read any by her,but a friend said I'd her writing.

What type books does she write...mystery,drama,love...????
I'd say drama-ish novels ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.