Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How things have shrunk since you were a kid?
I bid on a set of wooden monks like ones my mom had when i was a kid. (these even came from Florida so they maybe 2/3s of the set!)
There were 2 or 3 of them, sitting and 1 standing (he was my fave)
Anyway, I got them yesterday. Man these guys are 1/2 the size I remember!
Of course the last time i saw them I was 10, about 3' and my mom had just had a massive stroke, so my perceptions are def off.
It is nice to have them home again, even though I am not catholic, mom valued the monks and I love them for the memories they evoke, even if I am not surethey are hers.:D

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i know what you mean melissa!! we went back to the town i was born in. i went to the place where i attended headstart and man was that playground small!!! so was the building! i remembered a long hill (drive) going up the side...and when i got there it was soooo small! barely an incline!!;) ;) i guess i was only about 3 when i went there though.....but i know exactly what you mean!!!:toothy: :toothy:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Happens to me too. When dd started school (at my old elementary school) I was shocked to see that it was so tiny. I have also driven by the old house we lived in when I was young and am amazed at how small and pitiful it looks - I remember it being so much different. Guess our perception changes along with everything else.
Pat

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Mr too ! I couldn't beleive how small the house I grew up in was, compaired to what I remembered...... You know I think I am getting shorter and wider too !!!!!!!1

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Yes, I know! When I revisited my great-grandmother's home, 2 years ago, I was so suprised to see how small it was!:eek: I always remembered her kitchen as very big and in fact it is very small! I guess I was the one who was small, back then...!;)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. When I was little, everyone use to gather at my grandma's house for get togethers. She has since moved, and when they put the house she lived in up for sale, we went to look at it. I can not believe just how small it really is. It always seemed to be so much larger. I guess when you are little, everything looks bigger.

Traci

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
When you are small the world is a huge place. When you are big the world seems so very very small. :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Very very true Mel!I remember going back home for the first time and pulling up to my moms and wondering why her yard shrunk it seemed so small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts