Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been putting together a box or 2 to send to some soldiers that I know who are stationed in Iraq. My aunt was telling me that her grandson requests bottled water or powdered drink mixes to put in water. She said that they aren't getting bottled water for some reason and they've been having to drink water from a lake (slightly treated but AWFUL tasting). Is this across the board or only in a few places in Iraq? Can anyone tell me? Anyone know why they aren't getting bottled water?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I know that usually the water do they get is highly chlorinated. Therefore the requests for the koolaide mixes (sugar already included) masks the taste of the cholorine.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
My husband said that they get skids of bottled water. The only thing is that it is mineral water. I told him that I would send a bottle for him with a filter, and he said that it is not needed. So, I don't know where that particular soldier is, but my husband has not had to resort to drinking local water. I do know that they drink a lot of powered gatoraide and koolaide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts