Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got a pair of Phoebes nesting on the front porch lightpost.
Also have a pair of Robins nesting on power thingy that attaches to our house.
Have lots more in the woods I'm sure if the activity at my birdfeeders is any indication. Hummingbirds, titmice, nuthatches,bunches of woodpeckers,chickadees,sparrows, finches,cardinals, morning doves... Love it!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Darlene, I agree, its great when you have birds nesting in your yard. We have robins and doves and I have a sneaky suspicion we also have hummingbirds.

The neighbours have Orioles.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
my son put a birdhouse on our clothes line pole, and we have some kind of bird that took over the house as soon as it was nailed on. They are little with blue on their backs. I don't know what they are.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not with a big dopey dog running around. I'll catch a glimpse of a hummingbird or cardinal every now and again. We also have a big Tom turkey and a deer in the woods, but they never come down because of the dog. Boohoo!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We have a robin's nest resting on a rainspout. :toothy: Unfortunately, I think there might be a nest in one of our vents too. ugh. I've seen tons of birds in the yard though.
hummingbirds, cardinals, blue jays, orioles...to name a few.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
how weird...I was just telling Sara on IM that there is a robin setting up nest in my fuschia plant hanging off my porch--she must have some eggs in there because she hasn't moved for a couple of hours, and she let me get really close without flying away.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Dh put his uncle's Martin house up last year (in our yard, his uncle lives across the street) so we have a pair of Martins.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have babies! Both the Robin and Phoebe have little faces poking out of nests.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts