Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
i have, soapcicles, embedded, and regular soap. it is so much fun to see how it comes out you are going to have such a blast.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
CJ, I have only used the glycerine soap you can melt and color and/or scent. It is fun, but I think I would like to try making from scratch. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I don't dare try the lye soap i am afraid i would blow up my house with it! please do let us know if you try the lye ones.

·
Registered
448 Posts
LOL....I don't think you will blow up the house! :laugh:

But, the lye soap is so tricky, it is amazing anyone figured it out at all! I mean how do you think some primitive person came up with combining animal fats with harsh ingredients like Lye or soda?

But, I'd really like to do this someday.

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I have hinted for soap making supplies for Christmas. I have so many things going right now, the soap making will have to wait until after the holidays. I really want to make some pretty soaps though. I want to start with the melt and pour.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I make both melt and pour soaps and the from scratch lye soaps. My grandma taught me how to make soap, I have a lot of fun doing them. I am hoping to try selling them at some craft fairs next year to make some extra money.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We haven't startedyet over here. It may not happen until spring, but I'll definitely be posting about it when we start. I have lots to learn, so I'll be doing a lot of reading before starting out.

Sara

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i haven't done the lye soap yet. i'm waiting for dd to start school so i don't have any distractions and so i have time to find non reactive pots. i have done a lot of melt and pour soap. i usually send some to my sister in with her birthday present each year, but i didn't have any new soap made up this year.

R

·
0 Posts
I tried the lye soap this year for the first time, it was not to hard actually if I can do it just about anybody can LOL.
At some point in time I heard a story about the origins of soap.... this is kinda gross, but it had to do with the Roman culture, and when they did animal sacrifices, the fat from the animals ran down and mixed with the ashes and created soap. Don't remember where I heard it or if it is true, but It would make sense LOL!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts