Frugal Village Forums banner

have two more to feed

Tags
feed
961 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kittykatstrong 
#1 ·
We now have two more babies. We lost 3 in the last 6 months..
People must know to dump them off here.. ticks me off people won't take care of their animals !

We now have a 1 year old very long haired black & white, boy, he came already fixed, He was so matted we had to take him in to be shaved. He's a friendly guy & looks like Felix the cat.

Our other one came in starved , she was almost gone. She is so little she is the size of a 4-6 month old kitten. She was treated for upper resp. infection for almost 6 weeks, The vet says she is 2 and already had kittens. Yes she is fixed now. I guess she is a silver tabby.

I didn't want anymore animals, I am still not over losing boo. Its kinda hard getting close to another one, especially when your not over the last one.
I guess my heart is bigger than I thought,, at least two more have a home now..

I wouldn't get rid of any of them... well, most of the time ....lol.

#3 ·
I'm so glad you are able to open your heart & home to these babies. I can understand how difficult the timing is. We had a similar situtation a few years back. We had a little puppy show up & we already had 2 dogs. Our oldest one was sick & need extra care. Our other dog wouldn't even let the puppy near them. My dh wanted to keep the puppy & I just couldn't see how it would work out. Well, we did lose our oldest several months later & our other dog was able to accept the puppy as his new friend. I'm still amazed at how things worked out.

Reactions: pinetree
#4 ·
Your a sweetheart to take the little ones in. I can't stand the thoughts of someone just dumping animals off. It upsets me so much! I'm sure if another dog showed up here we'd probably take it in. My heart is so soft for the little animals!

#5 ·
Unfortunately, living at the end of a country road, I see my share of dumped animals. I helped one of my neighbors catch a BUNNY last spring. Honestly, who dumps a bunny and thinks it will survive?

I've taken in and adopted out two dumpees. I think we may have another - a cute young Rott mix running around on the road - but I can't tell for sure if she is a stray or someone's dog who is just allowed to run around. (People here either chain their dogs or let them run around and kill wildlife. One of the DOWN sides to country living.)

#6 ·
Bless you for taking them in. People can be so irresponsible.

#7 ·
My mom will take care of the animals that people leave. She has 5 inside cats and 3 outside cats. A couple of cats that dont live with her but stop by to visit. She also has a dog, geese, and at one time someone had left there bunny. She has such a big heart when it comes to animals.

Bless you for caring for them when others are unable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.