Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started my list for season what I hope to get used and in really good shape..(won't buy it if is not)

1. work pants and shorts for hubby
2. curtains for the bed room in gold color
3. a wok and some cookers .... we will see
4. some church clothes for me
5 grandma pjs
6. pretty boxes I jsut love them...
7. throw pillows for the couch
8. cereal bowls..

I hate to pay full price for anything I do not need any art work, furniture, rugs or knick nacks......

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am really going to have to reign myself in this year. I amassed too many "good deals" last year and am truly out of space to put anything. Still in the process of trying to weed out and declutter. I think making a list and sticking to it would be a great idea!

Hopefully by the time yard sale season starts around here I will be organized and cleared out! LOL I do dearly LOVE yard sales!

·
Registered
394 Posts
This will be my neighborhoods 2nd annual yard sale event. I initiated it last year for the entire sub-division and it went very well. It will be some time in June and I am just now setting up boxes and totes to start putting items I will sell to the side.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I rarely go since I work Thur, Fri and every other Sat. They never seem to be on all the other days I am off. I give my wonderful MIL my list. She is a the yard sale queen. She is so darn sweet!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Waterbath canner with insert. (saw a nice one last year and could kick myself for passing it up)

Clothes and shoes for the kids

Books

Bedsheets

Bicycle for myself

Arts and craft and outdoor items for family activities

Gardening supplies

I decided to try not to buy anything new for the kids as far as clothes go. Except of course for undergarments. For myself I don't really need any more clothes. That doesn't mean I will turn down great clothes for the right price.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Oh...you guys are buying!! Never mind....I am selling. Backing slowly out of the room.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I'm getting a list together now. Working on housewares, and clothing.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't normally go to yard sales, but I'm planing on it this year because money has been so tight.

On my list:

*Name brand clothing for dd11
*Humidifier
*Nice shower curtain
*A few new toys for dgd 18 months to play with at our house
*Shaped cake pans for dd11

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Our sales won't be until May as our climate dictates but I usually have a small list running in my head.
just finished sewing supplies and 2 new machines

Always looking for
medical supplies unopened
camping equipment
beads/craft supplies for DD
computer bits for DH
cookbooks cheap for me
how to books
towels for dishes and dog feet
a new kiddy pool for the dogs in summer (planted strawberries in theirs.lol)
sprinklers
garden equipments
a mantis tiller
books to read
rug squares for camping and under furniture
jewelry DD can deconstruct for remaking to sell
list in always evolving according to what I find at estate sales,church sales,resale shops etc.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
We have been hardcore garage salers for decades now. But last year we only went to a handful of sales we knew were normally very good ones and were amazed at the money we saved. We really don't need anything, and finally figured out we were wasting a lot of time, cash, and gas driving around looking for stuff to buy that just, for the most part, became clutter. Of course we found some good deals that we did actually need, but overall I'm not sure we came out ahead, now that it's just the two of us and we're so well-stocked. So we've decided to try to discipline ourselves the same way this year. It'll help that we have a thrift store in town, finally. Another area where we have to be careful not to overbuy, but at least it's one-stop shopping so we're saving the gas.

But I have to admit, it's difficult to cut back. I miss the thrill of the hunt.

Good luck, everyone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Of course this list is subject to change, but here's what I'll be looking for this season:

Pressure canner
Vaccum sealer, preferably with jar attachments
coffee mugs
Food storage containers
T-shirts for everybody
T-shirts for rags
Kitchen knives
YARN...always looking for yarn bargains!
clothes..all sizes, from Nb to 3x
cookbooks and other how to books
I'll know it when I see it...:bigglass:

·
Registered
956 Posts
The main things I'm looking for this year are:

* pressure canner and canning supplies, including any canning jars I come across
* comforters for my bedroom, mine are starting to wear out
* always on the lookout for nice clothing deals or like new shoes for the kids (my kids are really tough on shoes, so I don't buy new unless I have to)
* thick or insulated curtains for the house
* metal pet bowls, and "free" comforters and blankets for dog beds

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
If I make it to any sales this year I will be looking for:

A futon and a tent

·
Registered
273 Posts
I never thought of making a yard sale list.Not that I need anything. I'm really trying to get rid of things.
The past few years,I've curbed my yardsale buying by only going on Fridays----------a lot less sales on that day.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
We've sworn off city-wide sales.

I rarely put my list in writing. No need, I just have it in the back of my mind. Sometimes if I'm going out of town and there's something extra special I'm looking for, I'll add it to the retail shopping list so I don't forget.

·
8,714 Posts
~Actually no. With the move coming up I don't want to buy much and I'm not sure what we'll need or have room for when we get out there.
A couple things off the top of my head though are kids clothes, bean bag chairs, plush pokemon, tricycle, cushioned sewing scissors, and an enamel strainer.~

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lets see for me I have been thinking about this and for me it would be.
Stampin up punches
Tim Holtz
Yard tools
Scrapbook supplies
Cricut cartridges
And things to sell on ebay

·
Registered
199 Posts
Kids toys for Christmas gifting
Books - kids, adult fiction, crafting, homesteading. . .
DVD's - anything interesting at a good price
kids clothes
a coat for me (mine is threadbare and patched)
any items I can remake (I love the freebie bins for old clothes to make quilts or kids clothes, toys)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I found a couple things today at SA I've had in the back of my mind to look for:
~Duluth Pack purse, $4, $65 new.
~A top quality eggbeater, .99. It's vintage, stainless steel, and will outlast me. Very well made. I found one exactly like it on eBay listed for $21!

Not from a garage sale, but something to scratch off my want list.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My list includes
a futon
items I can give the kids for birthdays/Christmas
clothes for son
shoes
camping gear
homeschooling stuff
bookshelf
adult bikes