Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Yes I know I can eat rice cakes, I do have some packages of different types of rice cakes. My only concern with them is what type of facility they are made in and if there are traces of other products like dairy, flour, soy, etc. After all there are different types of rice cakes. Had an ah moment when I realized I should just make some type of crackers that I can store in a tin.

·
Super Moderator
19,753 Posts
Rice cakes don't have much nutritional value. As much as I like them, I wouldn't put them in emergency supplies because of the space they take vs. the nutritional value. Though if I had allergies to consider, that might make a difference. They would be better than taking along a loaf of bread, and there are all kinds of things that make good toppings.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have a pretty good stockpile and am adding things along. I haven't enough water on hand though. I have heard you can can water. Has anyone had any experience doing it? I have some half gallon jars I could do it in. I really do not worry about having it in glass jars. One thing we haven't had any of is earthquakes. I am adding to my stockpile all along, not so much for a disaster, more for the unforeseen illness, layoff, etc. This week I added 3 jars of peanut butter, a jar of molasses , 25 pounds of sugar, some brown rice, and two large (bulk) containers of ketchup.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts