Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering on this one.
I have a next door neighbor I used to be REALLY good friends with...lasted for 4 years. When her hubby left her, and subsequently divorced her, she changed. Met new man and new friend...who pushed me away. Ex-hubby lived by rules and suddenly she was free of them, so she started to 'live it up'. New friend came along and was jealous of me, horned in and pushed me out. The real insult to injury came in the form of learning she was the neighborhood gossip...nothing was sacrid. At one point, when my dh was on morphine for severe back pain, she made it sound to all who would listen, he was an addict. Later I found out she was spreading malicious gossip about my best friend and well as telling people hubby was going to leave me.
Needless to say, we don't talk anymore.
Two things bother me...how she turned on me for reasons I suppose I will never know and no matter her 'sins', people in the neighborhood seem to forgive her and flock to her.
Go figure!
Sheila

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have an ex-friend. Actually lets just call her "V". V was friends with dh long before i ever met him. They had a platonic relationship. She was very supportive of our relationship and even suggested to dh to try to reflame our relationship when we broke up (we were army brats and had broken up because we had to move to seperate ends of the U.S.). So V had a hand in us getting back together...not a big part, but a small part. Anyhow, after dh and i got married and were with child, V started calling to talk to just dh, not me, and began asking dh out to places i could not go (there is no way i am going to a club or bar while preg....and i don't drink anyhow). Then V would come by and only talk to dh while i was there in the hpouse, she'd ignore everything i said and act as though i wasn't there at all. then one night V was at a bar and got really drunk and called dh to come get her, so he did and brought her to our house to sleep it off. Dh was making her a cup of coffee. and she sat in my kitchen (drinking my coffee out of my cup...) and told dh he should leave me. I heard it from the other room and thought it was as though id been hit in the face. it took a real long time for me to get past this. then just when i thought i had gotten past it V told me she wanted me to go working out with her. i thought it was an ok idea, i had weight issues and after having my ds, i wanted to get back into shape. so we agreed to go and then V said it was good i was going because i was overweight and kids would make fun of ds because i am overweight. directly after this i found out that V had told someone that was invited by myself and dh to visit us in the hospital (when ds was born) to not come that they were not welcome. V did it again when dd was born (to a different person). So while she is still friends with dh, she is no longer a friend of mine.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Several times. One ex-friend is so horrible (slept with almost every guy I went out with in high school) that I joked with DH that if I ever introduced them, it was a sign our marriage is over. Somethings I can get over, but something like this, no way.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Yes and it still hurts terribly to this day! I have come to the conclusion (took me awhile;) ) that while I cannot control others actions I can control my own. I can rise above!!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've had several friends in the past that have betrayed me. One even went so far as to lie and manipulate to get my job! She got the job, but in the process lost the respect of every person in the school district, no one trusted her at all and her future ambitions of climbing up the administrative ranks in that school district were stopped. I was so hurt and had a hard time trusting anyone after that. However, I didn't say anything bad about her and just kept quiet about the whole matter. People came to me and told me how angry they were with her for what she had done and that they would never trust or respect her. She also lost my husband and I as friends and we were really the only "true friends" that treated her like family there. She did appologize about a year and a half later and I did forgive her, but I told her that the trust we had before had been broken and that she would have to show herself trustworthy before I could have a friendship with her again. We never did re-establish a friendship and I really do feel sorry for her. Her jealousy got the best of her and she paid a heavy price for it. I pray that she learned from here mistake and doesn't ever make it again!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yep, a friend of ten years...... Long story, married a guy she thought was made of money (he wasn't) I became to plain and too tacky for her and her new in-laws.... Oh well, I still love her and wish her all the best... Unfortunately, she is quit unhappy and all alone....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm not sure...but I want to say I am sorry for you. That must have been very difficult for all of you.:(

Lucie (((hugs))))

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Yep I've been there and done that too. My best friend just abandoned me. No explanations, no falling out, nothing. Just one day she didn't want anything else to do with me. It was very painful. I could have handled it better if I'd known why. BUT it was years ago and it made me lots tougher ;).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts