Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been so angry at someone you just wanted revenge? I posted a while back about a former friend who betrayed me. Well, I haven't talked to her in almost a year save for three times, consisting of minor, inconsequential chitchat lasting no more than 10 minutes at most. I don't desire a friendship with the wench anymore and don't care. Well, on Jul 4, we had a BBQ. Mind you, she lives next door...ugh! I didn't invite any neighborhood folk because that was my choice and I frankly am sick of the gossip in this neighborhood and don't want to be bothered. I invited military friends and had a very nice time. Wench next door had a BBQ the same day and invited the neighborhood folk...no big deal. A couple days later, it gets back to me that I had a bet with one of wenches friends that one of the neighborhood girls will be the first to get pregnant. These girls have a bad rep in the neighborhood. I suspected at the time that wench said this but it was unconfirmed. The girl confronted me when I stepped out my car today and I told her it was a lie...consider the source. The girl also said wench told her mother she didn't like me and was mad I didn't invite her to my party. That in itself contradicts itself. None-the-less, wench is jealous or whatever, and sees fit to start trouble for me in the neighborhood.
I'm just boiling!!!! I don't bother with wench at all yet she can't leave me alone. It'll pass by tomorrow, but, at this writing, I would just love to get her back....get revenge. I'm tired of waiting for what comes around to go around!!! I do know if I see her today, I have some choice words...and for her two-faced crony as well!
Okay. Enough. Thanks for letting me vent guys. DH doesn't want to hear it but I need to get it off my chest:mad:

Hugs,
Sheila

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Doesn't sound very much like fun to me. Sorry to hear this! Hope it all gets better really soon.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Some people have waaay to much time for their small little minds to handle. It sounds like your neighbor wench is one of those. Just ignore her nad maybe she'll go away!

·
27,948 Posts
Yep been there. Deep breath Sheila and you are so above the childish bs. Deep breath knowing..."they" will get theirs. And in the meantime you will know you took the high road. Breathe out!:)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Dear Sheila,

I have tried to answer your post 4 times now and deleted every one! I have been sitting staring at my computer for over an hour wondering what to say that wouldn't sound 'clever.'

Then I decided not to post at all, but it struck a nerve in me and I had to say something.

I have felt this bad before and worse! :( - It is MHO that you both care very much and that whatever the original disagreement was it isn't worth the price you are paying.

Life is very short, you HAVE to make up or let go and let God because you are destroying yourself.

:hugz: I hope that you can get over or around this, because I honestly know how destructive our own feelings can be to US.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
{{{{HUGS }}}}} Sheila, I wouldn't lower myself to that....
If someone repeats something like that to you again..... Just say
"What an imature thing to say, please don't tell me what's she's saying anymore" ........ Not easy I know, but just let it go is what I would do....... (I'd let it bother her more than me)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yes, but not any of my friends..i dont have many but the ones i have would never do anything like that..it was a situation at my old job..

if i had a gun,several people would be dead..im serious, thats why i would never own a gun..

to make a long story short , i was unjustly fired and the witch had the nerve to lie flat out and shake her head when i to her i had not been trained at all..and she calls her self born again..the soft ware was never installed properly(i have enough tech education to figure out they (mis) were lying to us..but im glad im gone..just sorry i cant find a job.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Isn't it amazing how some people just can't get beyond high school mentality?

If she's gossiping about you in the neighborhood, people will eventually get sick of listening to her- after all, those who gossip to you, gossip about you.

I've learned the best revenge is to just sit back and watch everything unfold. Let her flap her gums and dig her own hole. After she's stabbed everyone in the back- you'll get the joy of watching her try to dig herself out of that hole. He who laughs last, laughs best. She'll be the a**hole, and you'll be the better person for not stooping to her level.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I have an ex-friend like this. She starts out sooo nicey-nice. But watch out--Wham! She will stab you in the back so fast that you won't even know where the stab came from. She is one of the few people I could cheerfully push off of a cliff--NO joke!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugs: Sheila,
I too have and ex-friend who lied about me and even made me lose my job. I was so hurt by it, but the people that knew me also knew what she was saying had to be a lie. Eventually, most people stopped trusting her and she lost most of her friends. She tried to make up with me about a year later, but I told her that things could never be the same because she had lost my trust. From what I have heard, she moved about a year after we did because things got very uncomfortable for her teaching in that school district and it was also hurting her police officer husband's credibility.
I honestly feel sorry for her and for everyone who had to lie or spread gossip about others. They must be so miserable to have to try to make others look bad just to build themselves up. It will come back to bite them. I sure would not want to live their lives.
Bev is right, even though you have been very hurt, you have to forgive her and move on. Don't let it eat away at you and destroy your life. Never let that root of bitterness take ahold.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Darlene said:
Yep been there. Deep breath Sheila and you are so above the childish bs. Deep breath knowing..."they" will get theirs. And in the meantime you will know you took the high road. Breathe out!:)
What she said :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Something that was said to me years ago.........

The best revenge is living good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sheila,

Hopefully you'll be moving soon and she'll be a distant memory. :cool:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I've been that angry several times (pick an ex - mine or his) and have spent many an hour daydreaming about different ways to get back at folks (okay, I am not that creative, but imagining them vanishing into thin air makes me happy). In real life though, I am pretty much nonconfrontational. I tend to just shut it out and hope they find another target and soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was in a similar situation and the best way I found to handle it was ignore the individual. That is much easier said than done..
I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are all so right! It took me about two days to deflate my anger but I'm past it. I too am non-confrontational but I did spend two days planning what I had to say to her! It's over, it's done and it's back to life as normal. I won't forgive her for all the grief she has caused me, past and present. She still is very high school and jealous of the way I live. That's fine. Sadly, despite knowing she gossips and being warned about her, people around the 'hood tend to gravitate to her...but I don't really bother with them either...they will have to learn when they get third degree burns! I can't wait to move some day!!!! But, the hopes of orders out of here right now is just not happening. Oh well, my life is good and she can turn green all she wants!
Thank-you for all the great words and advise...and especially just letting me rant without being judgemental!

:hug2:

Sheila

1 - 17 of 17 Posts