Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our friends had a corn roast party last night and it was so neat. They dug a little pit in their yard and started a fire. They threw the corn in with the husks on next to the logs and got them out with a shovel. They put them on, I guess like a big black cast iron pan and that is how they served it.

It looked like something out of an old cookbook and I felt like a pilgram. :D I wish I would have taken pics of it!!

I just thought I would share because I was impressed and it was fun. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like fun Palooka & no I've never seen corn done that way. I have been to a get together where they did a pig in the ground, so good! Love it when people do fun, different things for parties.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Question, did they soak the corn in water first? We love to cook our corn by fire but I just peel it and lay it on a grate over the fire but this way might be better. Glad you enjoyed it.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question, did they soak the corn in water first? We love to cook our corn by fire but I just peel it and lay it on a grate over the fire but this way might be better. Glad you enjoyed it.
I'm not sure because we got there close to dark and they already had them roasting. They just threw in a few at a time. I can ask them though for you. :)

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
No. We do soak them in a covered pail (squirrels learned the hard way) w/ the husks on. We make a fire and when we get coals we roast it. Sometimes on them if we have foil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts