Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few strange happenings, but the best one was much like in the movie Magnolia with the frogs dropping, but it wasn't frogs. LMAO (thank goodness huh?) I just told Chelle about this last week, so now I feel like I have already mentioned this before here. If I did, well then you know it was really that bizarre. hehe

Anyway, one day Gabe and I looked outside and there were birds everywhere. I mean not a few and not a hundred, but thousands carpeting the grass, trees, sky, roofs, etc. The sound was so scary too. No one on our street seemed to notice. We just stood inside for about half an hour watching more and more arrive. It definitely had a feeling of being a symbol of mortality. I literally felt frozen in time.

Have you ever had something bizarre happen that just was a bit profound?

·
27,948 Posts
That reminds me of The Birds. Spooky!

One time either after or before a storm I looked outside and everything was a redish orange color.Everything. Had to get the whole family to look at it. It was like the twilight zone , totally amazing.It didn't last long, just one of those once in a lifetime things. Dh said it had something to do with the light spectrum ...

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Ooooh yes but ours was like being in Xanadu or something.....We have a garden in our backyard full of flowers so we get lots of butterflies and birds, etc.....but one year we got millions of monarch butterflies all in one day. The whole backyard was just FULL of monarch butterflies. We were all outside squealing like children - they were everywhere. It lasted for a few hours and we were almost drunk from the exhilaration. When it was over we all just looked at each other and giggle. We got a few pictures of flowers covered with them but no pics of the scene....? Isn't that strange? It was one of the most memorable moments of my life.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I once took dd for a walk to pick dandilions..... she loved em and no-one seem to mind that she picked em..... I let her go in a field to get some with long stems..... I turned away for only a moment and when I turned back she was just in Heaven...... She was covered with Butterflies !!!!!! She was about 3 or 4 and still remembers how wonderful it felt....:bfly: :bfly: :bfly: :bfly: :bfly:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Anyway, one day Gabe and I looked outside and there were birds everywhere. I mean not a few and not a hundred, but thousands carpeting the grass, trees, sky, roofs, etc. The sound was so scary too. No one on our street seemed to notice. We just stood inside for about half an hour watching more and more arrive. It definitely had a feeling of being a symbol of mortality. I literally felt frozen in time.
Sara,

This happens at our house every year. We get thousands of birds too, but they stay in the tree tops. It usually lasts for about a week off and on and drives my kitties crazy. They are so loud I can hear them even if the house is all closed up!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
About 10 yrs ago...I walked out about 10pm and could see this amazing rolling kind of cloud (but it wasn't a cloud)It was a glowy violet shimmery kind of thing... it just looked and felt like it was "seeping" into the sky...I later found out it was "aurora borialis"...I live in OHIO...That's suppose to be IN ALASKA!!

It was some kind of fluke...the news reported it. AMAZING!! I never forget it!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Weird stuff happens to me all the time. The most recent was last April.

Mr C was a resident of the Nursing Home I was working at, and 3rd cousin to dh. He was bitter about NH placement. His son had taken over his farm and finances. He was alert and oriented, able to get around on his own, also a noncompliant diabetic with A-fib whose Coumadin had been recently discontinued by his noncompliant physician. He was the kind who would rather spend his last 10 days at home than his last 10 years in a Rest Home.

His farm is just a rocks throw south and west of my home.

He went bad suddenly, probably threw a clot secondary to A-fib. Glenda and I were the only nurses he liked. We spent all day with him since we couldn't get a hold of his son. Jimmy finally showed up when it was time for Glenda and I to punch out.

A strange cloud passed over at 5:15 that evening. It was about 1 mile in diameter. It was raining in my front yard (east) and snowing in my south yard, there was hail for a few seconds, thunder and lightening. It lasted for about 5 min and traveled southwest. I told dh, "Charlie's gone." It passed over his farm at the moment of his death.

*Theme from The Twilight Zone*

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I got hairs standing on my neck over that one!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I may have told you girls this already but oh well, one night I felt like someone was shaking me awake over and over. It was freaking me out cause dh works at night and I am out in the boonies by myself. I kept thinking I am going to be so tired tomorrow I have got to get some sleep. Then I dreamt that I was at my grandmother's house before she passed away and we had found some letters from her. Mine said to always check on my children and I heard her voice say I wouldn't do this to scare you. Then I was shaken awake again. I rushed to che ck on the kids and Brandi was having a febral seizure. I dressed all the kids with lightning speed and rushed her to the emergency room. She had strep, but her fever was 105.5 and the doc said because it was so cold outside it had probably even come down some. I cried all the way to the hospital.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Wow Angelee! That is amazing!

Mine is from way back in high school. My friends and I were driving down the road at about 9:45pm going home. We were all talking and laughing an having a great time. The next thing we know it is after 10 o'clock. We felt like we had just driven through a wrinkle in time. It was like everything had stopped and when it started again we had lost some time. It was so weird!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I see and know things that are going to happen. I am rarely wrong about these things.

Years ago, DH and I were visiting his grandmother in southern California. We were on our way out of the Borrego desert to San Diego when I told DH, "We have to turn around. Something is wrong." His sister andher friend were with us and gave me the weirdest looks. We turned around and about a mile down the road,a woman has just had an accident. Her car was balanced ontop of some rocks and the wheels were STILL moving. It looked like something out of a cartoon, but it wasn't funny. We got her out of the car and discovered that she was unhurt, but shaken and VERY drunk. It was a cold day, so we got her into another passrsby's van and wrapped her in a blanket until the sheriff arrived.

When I was a kid, we lived in a house where a little girl had died years earlier. You could feel her presence in the house and my day saw her walking in the ahllway one night. We moved out of there as soon as we could. It wa a very, very strange place.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I am kind of glad that I lead such a boring life and have absolutely nothing in the way of stories to contribute to this thread :laugh:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I woke up one night and I know I was awake because I got up to check on my kids afterwards. I am blind as a bat without my glasses and so when I first wake up most things are a blur until I reach over to the nightstand and put them on. I woke up one night and I could see what I describe as "floaters" all over my bedroom, (floaters are the little streams of light that you see when you close your eyes tightly and see the streaks of light behind your eyelids). I watched them for what seemed like minute and then they just faded into the walls. What made it so weird was that I "could" see them and that I watched them scatter here and there around the room. I got up once they had faded away went into the other rooms and checked on my children and then went back to bed. It was really weird to say the least. :galien:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Wow, spooky thread. Anyway, I've led a pretty boring life, but dh had an experience I'll share. He grew up in what is now close to a 200 y.o. house. Anyway, as you can imagine, in a house that old, there are bound to be "strange" things. His mom thought the house was haunted, as she had seen a figure one time. Anyway, one night when dh was probably 11 y.o., he saw a woman walking down the hallway of this house. He and one of his brothers shared a room at the very end of the hall and his bed was situated so that he looked right down the hallway. He knows it was the ghost, because she was kind of transparent - he even huddled under his covers for a minute or two, but she was still there. He never saw her again, but it definitely gave him the spooks.

Now we live in a 130 y.o. house and I'm always freaked there's going to be a ghost!!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I grew up in a house with a ghost, his name was Lawrence. There is a ghost, Agnes, in the house we are living in now. I haven't seen her for a while though. When I was very young, around 3, I saw fairies all the time. I would play with them every morning before my mother got me up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts