Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donating your organs? I was just reading another thread about burial plots and thought I would post this here.

A little boy in our area had to have a heart transplant just days before his 6th birthday. My son is helping today with a fund raiser for him.

I have been an organ donor for a long time but it has never been this close to home. This is the sweetest family ever.

the web site to see his pictures are http://www.helpjojo.com

He is doing very well but please keep them in your prayers.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
me and the kids are already put down incase. we put the red sticker on the back of our health card to say we want to donate. Me and hubby talked it over for me and the kids. He prefers not to. Dont understand why? Cant take them with you. I believe that we only leave this world in spirit nit in body. But thats his decision and i agree with that.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I am a huge believer in organ donation...My DS was born with only one kidney,(he is just fine)and if I or my DH or his siblings couldn't donate, I'd be awfully grateful if someone else would be so generous....It is the "gift of life" for so many...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I've been signed up as an organ donor for years.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I definitely support and advocate for organ donation. My DH has end stage renal disease and is waiting for a kidney/pancreas transplant.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I'm signed up on my license. I've made it very clear to my family and :smooch: that I want anything that is still working donated to others and the rest of me is to be creamated. Why bother taking it with me? Have any of you ever seen this t-shirt? I love it, it's a great message:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Although I expressed my wishes to donate my organs to my husband and my mother, I went ahead and put the designation on my driver's license to ensure that I will donate if possible. I think it's a wonderful thing to be able to help people in this manner.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I absolutely support organ donation. I've signed my license and made my wishes very clear to DH.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I signed it on my license years ago to be an organ donor. However, due to the fact that I have kidney disease (among a couple of other cronic diseases) and am on several medications I doubt anything I have, other than my corneas will be suitable.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I support donating my organs, DH and I and even my oldest DS are organ donors as it says on our drivers license. :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I am an organ donor as well. I'm also on the registry for bone marrow donation - since I have Native American heritage, I'm kind of popular there.

When my dd died, we donated her organs -- heart/ lung together, kidneys separately, liver - that was all she could donate.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am an organ donor. I also donate blood every 8 weeks. Everyone should do it if you can. It doesn't really hurt and I never have any problems after donating. You can help a lot of people just with one donation. Plus they give you free cookies and a drink and sometimes a tshirt. ;)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have been an organ donor for years. DH and the three boys also signed up as organ donors recently.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Both DH and I are organ donors.. I believe if I have no good reason (like being alive), to keep them, there are sooo many others that can use them.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
dh and i are both organ donors. it's on our licenses and we both know each other want to be donors. they can have anything they can use when i'm dead. i figure no matter where i'm going when i'm dead, i can't use em.
a girl i used to work with gave her sister a kidney a year and a half ago and that started talk at work, so that's when i made sure dh knew to donate my organs and the otehr way round should something ever happen.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I am an organ donor, have been for years, and it is in all my medical records and on the back of my license.

I also have it known that my body is going to be donated for research after harvesting.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I'm an organ donor. I even have the little organ donor sticker on my Driver's license. I figure I'm not going to use them when I'm dead, so why not? My husband was killed in an automobile accident, and the only thing we could donate was his bones, but we did that. He had wanted to be an organ donor, but they have to harvest before you die, in other words, they have to find you alive and keep you alive until they can harvest the organs. But they can do bones or bone marrow within 24 hours after you die.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'm an organ donor. I even have the little organ donor sticker on my Driver's license. I figure I'm not going to use them when I'm dead, so why not? My husband was killed in an automobile accident, and the only thing we could donate was his bones, but we did that. He had wanted to be an organ donor, but they have to harvest before you die, in other words, they have to find you alive and keep you alive until they can harvest the organs. But they can do bones or bone marrow within 24 hours after you die.
They do corneas after death, and recently started doing kidneys for up to 5 hours after death.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am a big supporter of organ donation. I work for cardiothoracic surgeons and we do lots of heart transplant. Thank God for the peopel that donate their loved ones heats so that other may live. It is rewarding for me to know that if I die befoe my time, that someone else might have a chance to live because of organ donation. It is a wonderful gift...Blessings...Kathy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts