Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped e-mail addresses with a complete stranger?

My mom and I were sitting in the hospital waiting room, discussing her computer problems. A lady across the way, overheard us and was surprised that an older lady like my mom would be online. They talked for a bit and decided to swap e-mail addresses.

I'd never done that before, but I gave her mine as well.

Have you ever done that?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I have lots of times - I don't really see a problem with it? (although I am a bit computer illiterate!)

When you sign up for things they give out your address all over the place! Anyway if somebody starts to be abusive (which only happened to me once) I just blocked them.

You can get people's addresses from groups, eBay, lists, I reckon loads of people have my address that I probably don't even know about.

As long as they can't find out where I LIVE it doesn't really matter. But even that - know I'm thinking and on a roll LOL - Lots of You here have my home address and a few other people on-line too - I guess that IS a bit dangerous because those people could be anyone? But you just get a 'feeling' don't you? Let's just hope I'm never wrong LOL.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I have...all with women..NOT men! Hubby wouldn't like that!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have done that in FRED'S of all places :lol: I meet someone in the store that doesn't really know anything about coupons and I tell them to email me and i will help them get started....

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have, I don't list a profile on it and it seems harmless enough...... I have so many that use it that I never gave it to anyway, they think I can make my breast bigger with a tiny pill or want to give me money, ect....... LOL

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Me too Lori. I figure if people I don't want to talk to have it, why not people I want to hear from? (Although lately it has been unspeakable acts involving farm animals. UGH! Go away!) LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts