Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
masonjars.jpg

"There are many simple DIY projects you can create using materials you probably already have in your home to create things that will help to keep you organized. Mason jars, for example, are a highly versatile material that can be used for a wide variety of home organization projects." Four Mason Jar Projects to Keep You Organized
I love the ideas in this article! (linked above)

My daughter made a really cool Mother's Day gift using mason jars last year. They were decorated and filled with candy.

Have you tried using mason jars for any DIY or craft projects?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I use them a lot for food storage (their original purpose) but have only done a few projects.

I made foamy soap dispensers reusing the pumps from Dawn foamy soap bottles.

I also used one to replace a missing globe in an antique lantern. I also stuffed a string of multi-colored Christmas lights into the jar to make the lantern electric.

And I made a couple of those storage systems using them, where the lids are attached to the bottom of a cabinet and the jars are then screwed into the lids. Those are in my sewing room for storing small items.

·
Hard Rock Mama
217 Posts
I love the ideas here! Mason jars are great for crafts. I have a Halloween craft on my blog (I'll find the link and post it) using mason jars.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I love mason jars, I have a homemade spice rack using them that I made! 264446_4332947816879_721391387_n.jpg

F

·
0 Posts
Wow are those deer in your garden?! That's beautiful!

I've not used mason jars but I have used those flip clasp bottles to give out mulled wine as a christmas present.

Love the spice rack idea!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
That's actually our front yard. We feed deer in winter and usually have a herd of around fourteen, sometimes a few more or less.

I use some jars like this:

Wow, I see Amazon gets over $16 each for these. I paid $3.50 total for the four identical ones I have. I keep HM mixes in those. I also have others with that type of top but different sizes and shapes. I like the tall skinny ones for spaghetti and other pastas, and some a little larger than a quart for dry milk, barley, etc.

I have a set of very old, square, unbranded jars that I think were canning jars but they're a little larger than a quart. I use those for food storage, too. They have an interesting pattern in the glass that I like.

I decided I didn't like the storage system using jars that screwed into rings under a cabinet in my sewing room, so got rid of that when I redid the sewing room over the winter. I found out I prefer using a tool parts cabinet instead. It's quicker and easier to pull out a little drawer and replace it than to unscrew a jar and then have to screw it back on. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts