Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to whine, and I know it's just a giant piece of metal and wires. But I am having a really hard time dealing with it. I tossed and turned all night with dreams of people comming in and stealing our kids, our home. I feel...i dunno...like i need to purge the house, so that there isn't anything else that anyone can steal from us. Yesterday was my scheduled (and I went) biweekly visit to my therapist. I talked about it with her, and when i went to see her i was still maybe in shock. I wasn't feeling the way I am now. I spent a good portion of the night throwing up. (I am sorry to be gross, but it's true) I am not dealing well at all. What makes it worse is that i haven't any friends here in the springs that i can go see to get my mind off of it or to talk to about it. (of course i have my friends here, and my bestest buddy Melody that i can call and chat with). I plan on going to the church tomorrow and discussing it with pastor or someone. (office is closed today, each thursday it is.)

thanks for letting me blubber about it.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Missy - I'm sorry that you're going through this - I'm incredibly angry that someone has deliberately done something that makes you feel this way.....makes me wish I had my own red cape!! ;)

Feel free to talk it out here if that helps - or even call me!! I'll sit & listen & blubber with you!! (we're BTS, right - 915-867-0944)

Big HUGE hugs coming your way sweetie!! :hug2:

·
27,948 Posts
Even though it didn't happen at home, it's understandable that you feel violated. Someone went into your space & took something that didn't belong to them. This is just one of the many things that has happened this year to make you feel uncomfortable about where you live.
What positive things can you do to empower yourself?
One thing you did was stand up to the bully next door. That was a very hard but good thing you did.:hugz:
Why don't you start a neighborhood watch group?I'm sure your neighbors are sick of the crime. Talk to the police & see what you and your neighbors can do to take back your neighborhood.
Is Eric willing to move to a safer neighborhood?

I just don't want to see you all stressed out, especially when you have precious cargo on board.
Please take care Missy and don't let it all build up inside, come here & vent & get it out. :heartsm:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone.

Erick isn't willing to move at all. Last night i told him I want out of here, I want to go home. He said it would have happened anywhere. He's not willing to move from his mom, dad and brothers. (including the one i have a restraining order against).

I am just afraid. Afraid of the neighbor. Afraid of people comming in and taking stuff or worse the kids. Afraid of not having any normalcy.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, he knows.

·
27,948 Posts
:hugz:
How about a neighborhood watch?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sorry Darlene, I didn't respond to the neighborhood watch. I didn't mean to pass that up. If i had been paying attention better I wouldn't have. I am sorry. I know there is a neighborhood watch group here in my neighborhood. I see the signs up on poles and in windows. However I don't know how to contact anyone, i suppose the local PD would know, huh? I can find out. It is a fantstic suggestion. Thank you. :hugz:

Thanks Debbie, I know in my heart I will never get back home. And I have pretty much resigned myself to it. There was a time where he very nearly moved, but it fell through just as quickly as it entered his mind. It would be wonderful if we lived closer. it would be great to have a warm heart and friendly face to help me through this all. :heartsm:

Thank you all for your shoulders. I certainally appreciate it. :grouphug:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Well you know I wish we lived closer and am tempted to ask dh to request Ft Carson just to be there. Not a guarantee we could gt there, but who knows. We won't go anywhere until he is back from the next deployment coming up in May. :bang:

You know I am here for you anytime. HUGS

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh Missy...:hugz: I wish I could do something to make you feel better....I know it's a terrible thing that happened...and even if it was only your truck--well it was YOUR truck and no one had the right to take it.

And I don't think you're whining at all. You can come and vent all you want. It's no good to keep it inside. And we are all friends to encourage ourselves. ok? :hugz:

I'm praying for you, Missy. :heartsm:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
The ladies have said it all, as usual. I too wish I was there to offer more practical support. Please know that I'm sending you my very best thoughts and I hope things settle down soon.:hugz:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm sorry your feeling this way Missy, I'm sending lots of hugs your way and keeping you in my thoughts. I think getting involved in the neighborhood watch is a great idea. Remember, I'm just a pm away whenever you need to chat.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We had our car broken into years ago and I know how violated I felt over that and it's no comparison to what you're going through Missy. I even had nightmares at the time too (they got my purse with my driver's liscence in it.....dreamt they were coming to my house too....). I do think you're going through the normal reactions to this situation. Try not to let it take you over, you have the baby to think about now. :hugz:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sweetie, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. It really stinks that someone stole your truck. I am getting out the cape and will be flying around looking for some LOSER driving around in your truck. I bet he will be surprised when the FV Caped Crusader pulls him out by the back of his underwear (think superwedgie, LOL) dips him in the nearest septic tank and then deposits him on the doorstep of the nearest police department.

:hug2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts