Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish DH luck, I will be working, but we are having a yard sale tomorrow. Got a few high priced items. Fine china, DH's huge TV that he is going to part with (needs a new bulb), and I am selling stock pile stuff, along with other things (cat toys, nick nacks)...so I am excited!

This may get us caught up on rent so wish us luck!

If anyone is in the area, PM me if you wanna stop by! :teddy2:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Great idea and good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! :D The table set up is $20 though, ugh...but anything we make after $20 is awesome! I am hoping to bring home $75 bucks if we do not sell the TV...if we sell the TV I am hoping for $350 total!

·
Registered
569 Posts
That is awesome! I will send you some karma points to get buyers to your table!

Keep moving forward!

Reactions: AnW819

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are asking $350 OBO for the TV. I am thinking we will get $250 for it because its a pretty new TV, and quiet big...pretty much I will take anything for it, but DH has to be stubborn because its his baby, LOL.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
good luck to you! hope that tv sells! sending good luck vibes your way. i am WAY too far from NJ!! although i love a good yard sale!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got home...we made $320!!!!

We did sell the TV for $220 but that was a mess, the guy really tried to mess with us. He bought the TV with a BIG sign on it that said needs new bulb. HUGE SIGN. DH also had a sign that says no returns unless something is expired. Guy comes back and wants his money back for the TV after he already took it home and the huge sign was still on it!! DH said no because for all we know he could have taken parts from it, or messed it up in some way, plus, DH even told him it needed a new bulb as well, so the guy was just not paying attention. Then he threatened to call the cops. I feel bad for this guy, I do...but after you take it home who knows what you did with it. DH was really bothered by it because he felt crappy about it so left early...

But we made out good otherwise :)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wow, you did great! :clap: People should know there are NO returns at garage sales! It's not like he bought it at Best Buy or something!

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Congratulations Ansley! you did well. That will definitely help

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well done, you! That's fantastic, and yeah, TV dude sounds like an idiot...you did the right thing!

CONGRATS!!:cheer4:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yay!! that is awesome!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats! Great sale! :clap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts