Frugal Village Forums banner

Having the phone company/utilities switch due dates

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  larabelle 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever called the cell phone or utilities to have them switch the due dates? DH retired and I am trying to get a once a month budget going with his pension check. We do our banking online and I like to set things to "go" when they are due(actually 2 days prior to due date). If I could get them to switch the date due it would be so much easier for me to do it only once and not have to go back just to pay that one bill.

Anyone ever ask for a due date to be changed?

#2 ·
I have never done this, but Im sure you could no problem. You would prob have to pay a "per diem"/adjustment type thing to the new date you want it ... but i'm sure its possible .. give it a try :)

#3 ·
I have never done this but I am pretty sure it can be done, I would call, I mean it couldnt hurt to ask, right? :)

#4 ·
I dont' know about the phone company, but I was able to switch my car payments to a few days later. I just explained that my paycheck came on a certain day, and they had no problem with it.

#5 ·
I have never tried to switch my due date on my phone bill. However, I have with a loan payment that was considered late on the day I could pay it with our pay schedule. They did it without a fuss! I agree with everyone else. It sure cannot hurt to ask. Afterall, the worst they could tell you is no!

#7 ·
With our mortgage, yes. Water & power, no. Years ago I was told by the local utilities that it's all done automatically by where you live, once the readings are done the bills go out and they couldn't hold them. Might be different here now though, and it can't hurt for you to ask.

#9 ·
let us know what they say please .. i'm curious ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.